Bolts?

heknowsnothing
heknowsnothing
08/19/2005 8:56 am
Anyone here always havin to tighten the bolts on the guitar output?
On my strat i can't get to the bolts very well because it is in that little dip.
Thats why I prefer Les Pauls because it's at the bottom and easy to access.
Now, it's putting me off buying a really cool Ibanez because the outputs are far in.
Also, does anyone have advice on how to keep strings clean and not rusty.
I always wipe down the string with a dry cloth after using it but they go rusty after like a week or two and it's realy rough and hard to play.
Im not ok. Im not okhayhay. Im not ok.
Im not O f****n K.
# 1
ren
ren
08/19/2005 9:22 am
I know what you're talking about, I get the same thing on my strat. I've never experienced it on any of my other guitars though, and my ibanez guitars never had that problem for sure...

On the strings, wash your hands before you play, and maybe just get into changing strings more often. On my main guitar, I probably change them about every 2 weeks.... there is a brand of string that are rust resistant as well - 'Elixir Nanoweb'.... They cost more, but apparently last longer (I've not used them myself though).

Check out my music, video, lessons & backing tracks here![br]https://www.renhimself.com

# 2
aschleman
aschleman
08/19/2005 2:46 pm
About the input jack... Take the jack plate off and tighten it as tight as you can get it... I also use Loctite on my strats. It's a paste like stuff that is often used in the automotive industry and other mechanical devices to keep lug nuts and bolts from loosening. Dab a little of it on the threads of the jack and thread the bolt in... then carefully wipe the excess off. Once the stuff drys your jack won't loosen unless you take a screwdriver and break the stuff loose. It works good. Strats are pretty well known for that because of the way the jackplate is... this little trick will fix it up.

As for the strings... you probably have oily fingers... which isn't a bad thing or anything... it's just bad for your strings. Get some stuff called Fret Ease or Fast Fret... they will clean your strings and lubricate them so it's easier to play... I think Fret Ease also conditions your fretboard... anyway, it's good stuff and will make your strings lat longer. I personally can play the same strings forever (i use ernie ball and GHS) and not get rus spots or anything on them... I guess I'm lucky.

Good luck with it though.
# 3
heknowsnothing
heknowsnothing
08/19/2005 5:59 pm
Thanks. I use ernie ball aswell but it still happens. Anyway, probally should wash my hands and that before playing. I can't stand the rusty feeling.
Thanks for the advice on the bolts.
Im not ok. Im not okhayhay. Im not ok.
Im not O f****n K.
# 4

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.