View post (Going thro' your 20's? This sound familiar?)

View thread

quickfingers
quickfingers
08/19/2005 2:07 am
alot of that i actually started feeling about six months ago. i hated the scene of kids i hung out with, i hated how they where so fake. its funny because i hung out with the alternative croud to get away from the prosthetic look on life, and no matter where i look, i cant find a decent friend anymore. even the people i considered best friends i realize are much different than me. it just seems like no one shares my passion of music while being open minded. its real weird, i feel like ive started to feel these things and im only 17. i got a job, and the first few days kindof woke me up the harsh reality of minimum wage work. its not tough, its just not anything i would like waking up to for very long. i stopped drinking, and i try to not smoke weed more than maybe once a week, if that. i wouldnt want to at all if i didnt have the friends i do sometimes. i really thank guitar for waking up my senses a bit; im so paranoid about waking up after getting wasted and not being able to play quite as fast, or forgetting licks, or just not being able to flow anymore. i think as i got better at guitar, i got a little more mature, and stopped wanting to live with my firends in an apartment that just want to party and play "rock and roll". its played out for sure.i want to hang out wiht real musicians.
"the more you know, the less you know. I don't feel like i know shit anymore, but i love it."
-Mike Stern

PERSONAL WANKAGE