Good GOD!!...It WORKS!

RobSm
RobSm
08/17/2005 1:20 am
After rub throughs holidays away lost weekends, I have finally put together my SAGA Tele.

And it works...and it sounds OK...Can you bekieve it??

Pictures here: http://photobucket.com/albums/y151/0-fanlee-0/

though they're not brilliant pics there are some blemishes on the finish that I accepted rather than spend more weeks waiting for paint to dry.

My Warmoth Tele is following soon...soon as the cuts on my finger tips heal...use conductive paint not copper foil. LOL.

For those about to SAGA...many of the supplied screws were useless as the pre drilled holes were too deep and too wide. Some of the wiring supplied was too short to use. The pick guard dimensions are all over the place & had to be...er...modified with knives & files. The neck pickup adjustment system is strange. I trimmed a wad off the ruuber base + added springs. The bridge pickup had to be taken off the plate & re assembled.

As stated earlier I'd had the tuner holes modified to accept better Tele tuners from Callaham guitars that were originally meant for my Warmoth.

However the neck fitted well and is properly aligned with the strings passing over the pickup polepieces. The action is within reasonable limits though I think there is a bit of fret work needed. The strings are much lighter than I normally use so overall it plays easily.

Can anyone advise me of a suitable site on which I can post little sound clips?

It will be intersting to see how the sound of the Warmoth with quality everything compares to the sound of the$80.00 wonder LOL.
Robbo
# 1
aschleman
aschleman
08/17/2005 12:33 pm
Congrats on your first build!! It really gives you a sense of accomplishment doesn't it!! check out www.soundclick.com or www.purevolume.com they both host sound files... mostly for band use. I still remember my first custom build............ ah.... my American Fender Stratocaster.....
# 2
PRSplaya
Full Access
PRSplaya
Full Access
08/17/2005 1:35 pm
That looks great man! I'm looking forward to my first build, which will be a Warmoth Tele. Unfortunately no time in the near future :( . I'm defanately interested in hearing that sucker play too.
[FONT=Palatino Linotype]Tonja Renee's personal instructor[/FONT]

>HERE'S WHERE I AM NOW<
# 3
Gibson 335
Gibson 335
08/18/2005 5:50 pm
Nice Job Son , the paint job looks fine hope it sounds as good as it looks
Rock N Roll Baby
# 4
Leedogg
Grizzled Veteran
Leedogg
Grizzled Veteran
08/18/2005 6:49 pm
Nice job dude! Was it a lot of fun to put together?
Blues is easy to play, but hard to feel.
My YouTube Profile
# 5
RobSm
RobSm
08/19/2005 3:03 am
Hi.

Putting it together was fun.

I have to say the painting/finishing became frustrating but it was all my own fault... I did a lot of reading & then promptly broke the 'rules' LOL.

That's why I did a SAGA before touching the Warmoth (which I hope will be finished this weekend all going well).

I can see that anyone who comes up with a perfect or great finish deserves much respect. There's a lot to learn.

I didn't use tools for the polishing though. Tools would definitely save time & effort...but I guess they would have their own set of 'traps'.
Robbo
# 6

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.