EPK'S (Electronic Press Kits)

Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
08/14/2005 12:34 am
Just curious if anybody else uses them and what ya think of em.
I got one for myself for a trial period, but I'm finding that people I'm sending it to are treating it more as spam than anything. I went to cancel and got a deal for 3 months for $10 so I took it.

I guess the things that's bugging me is there's a page at SonicBids where you can send your press kit for a price... like to enter your songs for radio stations or songwriting contests. I sent 3 press kits for $2 each and got my songs turned down by all three stations.
Then I contacted the stations myself and got my songs on the play list with no problem. It's almost like they didn't even bother listening to them originally because they were attached to an EPK.
I'm just getting the feeling like the whole EPK thing is a bit of a scam, like SonicBids gets a kickback whenever you use their services but the places that use them don't really take them seriously.

Anyways, just curious if anybody has ever used their services to send out an EPK to either enter a songwriting contest or anything. And what kinda results you got.
# 1

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.