View post (Whats more important to you...)

View thread

Joseph
Joseph
05/07/2001 4:40 pm
instant success or longevity?

Selling records and making money, this is a dream for many musicians all over the globe. And its very rare that a musician can reach these accolades based solely on their integrity, and their unwillingness to compromise to the standards of those who truly don't understand their intentions.

But you can't blame a lot of musicians for wan'ting to make a good healthy living, because its very hard to succeed and live comfortably as a muscian. But still, are you willing to make sacrifices along the way to be all that you can be and more? Are you willing to take the hard road (especially when it seems like everything comes very easy today) instead of falling prey to others, breaking away frm your original structure? Personally, at this point and time what matters most to me is forming a good strong band, with strong musicians, those who are willing to put in the time to reach overall satisfaction. What i'm refering to is longevity, is that something thats important to you, or as a traveling musician, would you be satisfied if all you ever had in your life were a few hits to your name, do you feel that would that be enough for you?

Until I come across the right opportunities, I'll just continue living rather comfortably, and finding ways to increase my optimism. But still although we say to ourselves that we would never conform to the society, and the idea of reaching instant success, well once the green is put in front of our noses its hard to look away. In other words, its something thats easier said than done...

-Joseph

[Edited by Joseph on 05-07-2001 at 12:43 PM]
www.ragmagazine.com
"Swoop and soar like the blues angels."