View post (Pawn Shops)

View thread

aschleman
aschleman
08/11/2005 7:31 pm
I went to check out a pawn shop that I drive buy quite frequently and to my suprise they had a very large selection of music equipment. Some of it was overpriced and some of it was delightfully underpriced. There was one guitar in particular that caught my eye... it was a Fender Fat Strat with a Floyd Rose... it was a Mexican strat but it was in Olympic White... and of course... I had to check it out. The price tag was $250... I almost bought just for the hell of it... I do own 2 strats already... but... still. They also had a late '70s acoustic.... it was a Fender F-35. It's nothing too special but it was still pretty nice. They had some Rocktron amps, Fender amps, Crate amps, Peavey Amps, and they even had an old Ampeg 2x12 in there... they wanted $539 for it.... I might go talk them down to around 400 or so... But yeah, I'm thinking that I'll have to be checking back there quite often... Anyone else find some good buys at pawn shops? My friend got an Ibanez JS100 a couple years ago for $200 dollars and a Crate Blue Voodoo half stack for $400.