View post (Which style do you favor the most?)

View thread

Joseph
Joseph
05/07/2001 3:28 am
How much has your style changed over the past few years, or perhaps months?

When I first started out on guitar I focused primarily on fingerstyle, classical pieces. I started out on the panio from a very young age, being that I was well in tune with theory and the notes, I wan'ted to feel very comfortable with the guitar from the very first stages. Gradually my style progressed into rock and blues, deep down inside I'm more of a songwriter than a technical virtuouso. But still, I love to rip out those killer shred solos every now and then.

Ive practiced all fields on the guitar, where I don;t believe I have left one stone unturned, but after playing various techniques over the past several years, I always tend to go back to the blues, naturally whenever I pick up my electric or acoustic, I tend to break out into a blues solo, its almost like I have this weird connection. When writing solos, I always tend to rely on the blues scales, we all love to play naturally with the tape recorder running, after the recording process is finished my solos always sound very bluesy.

Its not exactly a curse, I consider it as a gift, :).

-Joseph
www.ragmagazine.com
"Swoop and soar like the blues angels."