This is neat...

Old School
High Bandwidth
Old School
High Bandwidth
08/10/2005 4:04 am
Hey! How you doing. I'm reasonable new to the site (JAN) and completely new to posting in this forum.

I've been playing for a loooong time and am still taking lessons once a week as well. I've never done any stage work, no nerve. Any suggestions would be helpful. There is a Tuesday open mic 1/4 mile from me that my teacher runs and is trying to convince me to get up...Maybe next week :confused:

This is quite an interesting site...Lotsa stuff here...I'm hooked.
Is this a Fabreze Moment? C.Y.D. 2¢
# 1
bunmiadefisayo
bunmiadefisayo
08/10/2005 4:25 am
Hi there, i'm hooked to the site too...too much helpful stuff. Welcome :)

Concerning the Open mic thing, i'd jsut say go for it. I rememebr when i had to play for the first time in front of more than 30 people. I was scared crapless but then i rmembered that i actually know what i'm doing and i have nothing to be scared of. All the best man :D
# 2
R. Shackleferd
Gulf Coaster
R. Shackleferd
Gulf Coaster
08/10/2005 4:30 am
Well belated welcome, or welcome to the forum anyways. Personally I came for the tricks, but stayed for the forum. Actually I haven't been here too much longer than you either, but I already feel welcomed and made some friends. But hey, some day's when I feel disciplined I still dig up a trick to work on though, it's great.
And go ahead for the mic night. In that kinda setting even you if you choke and blow it, who cares? They're still prolly not gonna boo ya.
[FONT=Palatino Linotype]"Bust a nut!" - Dimebag
"Imagination is more important than knowledge." - Einstein
[/FONT]
# 3
Polera
Guitar Hurricane
Polera
Guitar Hurricane
08/10/2005 4:33 am
My suggestion is play infront of smaller groups and have them get progressivly larger, so then you become comfortable. Barrie eh, i should come and invite my super awesome guitar friends to ridicule you! Sounds rediculus eh? it is....dont fear so much.
WWSD? What would stevie do?
# 4
Leedogg
Grizzled Veteran
Leedogg
Grizzled Veteran
08/10/2005 1:28 pm
I used to be really nervous playing in front of people too. Even if it was just a handful of friends, my legs would shake the whole time! :p Then one day I just stopped reacting that way. I wish I knew what caused the change!
Blues is easy to play, but hard to feel.
My YouTube Profile
# 5
Old School
High Bandwidth
Old School
High Bandwidth
08/11/2005 12:50 am
Well, thank you for your warm welcome. I see the members of this site stretch the distance around the globe. Nice.

Just a little more about myself.

I have 3 useful guitars:
1. A Yamaha FG-411, I added a bridge pick-up to.
2. An early 70s Vibra Les Paul copy, white body black outlines. Copy, yes but a good playing copy
3. I have recently bought a new Epiphone 100 Les Paul. Black with cream outlines.

I have 2 woodpile guitars:
1. A late 50s hollow body Echo which needs way too much work to re-assembly into anything useful
2. a fender F-55-12, 12 string which I bought new in 1976 and is right now sittin with 60 lbs af weight to try and bring the neck back.

1. I have a Peavey Blazer 158 practice amp.
2. An S.G.Systems C.M.I Electronics SG-212 stage amp (denim covered) which could easily blow the windows out of this house but takes 3 men and a gorilla to get up the stairs. I tinker with it once in a while just to see if I can get it to work on a regular basis. It needs a pair of 4817 tubes which are very hard to come by at almost $200.00cdn a pop. Only available as NOS. I really don't think it's worth getting it stage worthy again, but does have a really rich, mellow and fast sound

I also have one effect, a 70s Ibanez UE-300 multi effect (Stereo/ Chorus, Tube Screamer and a Compression Limiter) I bought about 15 years ago used and it is still in perfect working order.

That's about if for my music equipment. I'm an air conditioning, refrigeration and heating mechanic by trade with my electronics papers + other stuff. If you have any questions, I will try to answer my best. Thanks for your interest.
Is this a Fabreze Moment? C.Y.D. 2¢
# 6
quickfingers
quickfingers
08/11/2005 2:53 am
the first time i lpayed in front of a bunch of people, we opened for some band called DSA, and i wasnt nervous at all, oddly. maybe it was becuase i wasnt all alone up there, but i had alot of fun. we actually ended up stealing the show up there, even DSA was impressed. small-time stuff, but still, a good hundred people or so. the next time we played was at open-mic night at a bar downtown, and i was real scared, i dunno why. i think it was because we werent playing for 16 year old "scenesters" that know nothing about real music, just what is spoon-fed by their particular genre. we played fine, but we had to stop after 3 songs because a few dudes watching outside came in and started a brawl. funny ****. i stopped playing in the band a while ago, it was just too white trash. i had alot of fun though. heres the myspace of the last stuff we recorded on our EP i guess. haha. yorue gonna laugh becasue its punk rock and other cliche stuff, but it was fun.

www.myspace.com/thefilthylads
"the more you know, the less you know. I don't feel like i know shit anymore, but i love it."
-Mike Stern

PERSONAL WANKAGE
# 7

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.