Ping precision Tuning Pegs?

Polera
Guitar Hurricane
Polera
Guitar Hurricane
08/09/2005 9:25 pm
I purchased some tuning pegs for a back up guitar, but i didnt want to spend more then the guitar itself (mexican strat). The Mex strat goes outta tune like a mofo, and so i purchashed Ping Precision Tuning Heads for about $30 CAD. Before i open em and mount em, do these suck? Im in no interest to swap bad tuning pegs for bad tuning pegs. What do u guys recommend? (i have used the search, and wondering if anyone has any additinonal input)
WWSD? What would stevie do?
# 1
J.Hammett
J.Hammett
08/11/2005 3:43 am
I have never heard of Ping Precision before, but I would recommend Schallers. There's another thing to keep in mind. Tuners come with different ratios(how many turns of the tuner knob to how many turns of the machine head) so the higher the ratio the better and longer your strings stay in tune. Does yours say what ratio they are. 18:1 should be good enough. Anything below 16:1, you should stay away from. Also here's a tip. You said you have a Strat. Have you tried oiling the nuts? There's friction around the nut area and it usually causes you to go out of tune. Try it before you put on the new tuners. It should work. That's what EVH did and it worked for me.
# 2
PRSplaya
Full Access
PRSplaya
Full Access
08/11/2005 1:05 pm
Another thing to pay attention to is the hole size the tuners have to mount in. As far as lubricating the nut goes, you might want to try some graphite lubricant. It's a dry powder that works very well. Though, you might not be able to tell a difference, it might be worth a try. Another trick is to use pencil lead (basically the same thing as graphite lub). And yes, the higher the ration, the easier it is to be very precise when tuning.
[FONT=Palatino Linotype]Tonja Renee's personal instructor[/FONT]

>HERE'S WHERE I AM NOW<
# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.