View post (Well this certainly was an odd twist of fate)

View thread

Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
08/09/2005 1:33 am
Ok, so it's a day like any other. Get to bed at 3:30 am, wake up 4 hours later, go to work, come home and start over. Well, today was the proverbial wrench into that cycle. I decided that I was going to take out the trash (no that's not what I did differently) and upon my expedition back to my house I noticed something. The door didn't open when I turned the knob. In fact, the knob didn't even budge. I'd locked my ass outside. So obviously my MacGyver skills weren't up to par so that I might be able to make some contraption that would pick the lock or better yet, launch me up to the top floor so I might then be able to do something fancy to open the window. So I figured this would be a good time to get to know my neighbors. So I knocked on a door, no answer. No one home. The next house was obviously empty so I didn't bother, next one over I found some dude who was skeptical at first, thought I was trying to pull a fast one, but helped me with a phone so I could call my land lord to get my door open. So while I was waiting on my landlord to get there, the guy and I started talking about just about everything. When the topic came to music all hell broke loose. The guy knew his **** well when it came to good guitarists. He couldn't play though, sadly. By the end of the night I'd agreed to buy his guitar, amp, pedal, some guitar books, cables, and strings for a whopping $125. None of the gear is top of the line, but having tried it out, it's good for the deal. I feel more comfortable with guinnea pigging this guitar than I do my warlock. At least as in depth as I'd like to get. I might sell it or something though, I've not decided. Anyway, the gear is a Randall 15 watt amp, guitar's a Hondo II (far from anything special), there's a multi-effect pedal by korg, the model escapes me at the moment, and all the other stuff. So after my landlord arrived to unlock the door, I went back over and pretty much just got back from shooting the **** with the guy. He's got a good taste in music, mostly blues and classical rock, but it's all good stuff.
The Gods Made Heavy Metal, And They Saw That It Was Good
They Said To Play It Louder Than Hell, We Promised That We Would

Hulk Smash!!

Whatever you do, don't eat limes. A friend of mine ate a lime once and BAM!! Two years later. Herpes.