Fingerstyle electric guitar

BluesShredder
BluesShredder
05/06/2001 6:55 pm
Hey,
does anyone play electric guitar with the fingers?
i mean not just with the thumb like Albert King or Mark Knopfler but like an acoustic fingerstyle, like in the movie Crossroads, i know that the kid didnt actually play!!
and Vai played the brilliant arpeggios piece at the end, and he played with his fingers, i am working now on that, soloing with no pick just with my fingers, its exciting!!!

Blues Shredder
Peter
# 1
Bardsley
Bardsley
05/07/2001 1:49 am
I occaisionally fingerpick on my electric, but I don't very often simply because it is easier on an acoustic. If I were playing fingerstyle I would probably go for a jazz guitar, or at least something with a wider neck and heavier gauge strings.
"Dozens of people spontaneously combust each year, it's just not that widely reported".
# 2
Joseph
Joseph
05/07/2001 3:18 am
When I first started out on guitar all that I played was fingerstyle, and I'm very grateful for the knowledge that I recieved at such an early stage, because it has definitely added much needed fluidity to my overall style. I know a lot of people canlt wait to rip into power chord rock when they first get stareted on the guitar, but in order to make as real connection with your instrumenbt, (as well as the strengthen your coordination, I definitely recomend fingerstyle.

-Joseph
www.ragmagazine.com
"Swoop and soar like the blues angels."
# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.