well here i go...

zepp_rules
zepp_rules
08/08/2005 4:40 am
In just a couple days, i'm making the six hour drive to the studio. I'm going in to record my band's demo/album. It's me on most of teh instruments then i have to drive my singer down to do the vocal lines. I've never recorded anything like this before and i can safely say taht i really couldn't possibly be any more nervous, so if anyone has any good tips i'll be more then happy to listen. I've been working on this album nonstop for god knows how long and i've been literally sacrificing my health all summer to get this thing ready. Practicing 8+ hours a day, and i still have many things to work out, i just hope i find the confidence and skill i need. This is the culmination and hopefully just the beginning of the dream i've had since i was 8 years old. I know for sure this is what i want to do with my life and i can't myself doing anything else. I've put so much into this and put so much hope and sacrifice into getting htis ready and i still see so far i have to go. i've gotten myself to the point where i can play Sonata Arctica, Sinergy, and Children of Bodom songs yet i'm still at a loss for some confidence and i feel skill. I"m hoping that goes away. Kinda just resting today to give myself a break. We have two weeks to get 6 fulll songs done and honestly i just want it done.

for those curious i guess we'll be classified as symphonic metal, but i've been focusing on keeping it heavy as possible. Our guitars are more thrash style then power metal i would say. My singer, Emily, is very talented and can easily sing stuff like Within Temptation, Nightwish, etc, she sounds amazing. she can even do opera, in fact, the first song on the album is sort of an aria i wrote. with any luck, it'll come out that way.Of course, as soon as i finish them, i'll get some of the songs online for you guys to here. This has been my life's work up till now and i hope i have much more of it ahead of me, though i should probably watch my health a bit more, that is after the binge drinking celebration afterwards.

thanks to all the people here whom i've gotten to know over the past two years. i'm sorry i don't post a lot, but i still always check in.

and if you guys want you can check out our site www.sinistergrace.tk it has all of our information and you can see the beautiful album cover, that a friend of mine did.

well i'll let you all know how it goes, god do i need a beer
To improve technique and of course trying to keep all as clean as possible. I know my own limits and speed limits and so on I never play anything I'm not capable of. That wouldn't make any sense. After three years of playing I tried to play everything as fast as possible and that sounded, I would say, like shit, and I didn't realize that if I'd play bit slower things than I was capable of playing then everything would sound much better.

--Aleksi Laiho - Advice to Play By
# 1
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
08/08/2005 5:27 am
dude, I would recommend against getting drunk! you don't want a hangover tomorrow. but anyways, yeah, that cd cover looks awesome.. and I listened to some of your stuff on your myspace page. I liked it, reminded me of cradle of filth, and they are one of my favorite bands... so, take that as a compliment! good luck to you!
If you like cars see mine here
my spyspace
# 2
Infectious
Mr. Hardcore Oldschool
Infectious
Mr. Hardcore Oldschool
08/08/2005 1:53 pm
Hey man. I don't know...all I can say is good luck. I've heard some of the stuff on myspace...theres some burning guitar work on there. Can't wait to hear it with vocals...man...female singers...how hot is that. I like all the bands u listed so im excited. One thing caught my eye on ur webstite tho. Both of you are less than a year older than me...which means I got some catching up to do. Good luck man...I wish you the best. Rock on!
# 3
The Ace
Guitar Tricks Instructor
The Ace
Guitar Tricks Instructor
08/08/2005 2:45 pm
Good luck bro! Go in there, say, "I'm gonna kick some ***!" and then do it... Don't get frustrated, 'cuz that will only make things worse... Oh, and have fun! :D
There are only two important things in life - There's music and theres girls, not necessarily in that order....
The Ace's Guitar Tricks
# 4
Leedogg
Grizzled Veteran
Leedogg
Grizzled Veteran
08/08/2005 3:26 pm
Good luck dude. You got a lot going for you, take stock of what you've already accomplished, and there you'll find the confidence you've had all along.
Blues is easy to play, but hard to feel.
My YouTube Profile
# 5
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
08/08/2005 3:28 pm
Originally Posted by: LeedoggGood luck dude. You got a lot going for you, take stock of what you've already accomplished, and there you'll find the confidence you've had all along.

I think Leedogg is hitting on you.
I want the bomb
I want the P-funk!

My band is better than yours...
# 6
Leedogg
Grizzled Veteran
Leedogg
Grizzled Veteran
08/08/2005 3:56 pm
Originally Posted by: Jolly McJollysonI think Leedogg is hitting on you.

I think I will be hitting you if you don't shut your pie hole j/k dude :0)
Blues is easy to play, but hard to feel.
My YouTube Profile
# 7
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
08/08/2005 6:07 pm
Originally Posted by: LeedoggI think I will be hitting you if you don't shut your pie hole j/k dude :0)

LMAOdon't read this...
If you like cars see mine here
my spyspace
# 8
Dr_simon
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Dr_simon
Guitar Tricks Instructor
08/08/2005 7:07 pm
best of luck dude !!
My instructors page and www.studiotrax.net for all things recording.
my toons Brought to you by Dr BadGAS
# 9
aschleman
aschleman
08/08/2005 7:24 pm
Just remember... when that red light goes on... it doesn't mean stop... It means rock the F'n house. Good luck man. Don't be intimidated by anyone. You may have people overseeing you and giving you advice. Some... and maybe even most of it... will be good advice but don't let it contort your vision of what YOU want. It's your piece of work and no one elses. Also, sit and think about why you're nervous... think hard... you've always wanted this... you're good at what you do... you know what you want... you know how it needs to be done. Just do it man. Have fun with it. Don't be nervous and especially don't get shell shocked when the red light goes on. It's all up to you what comes out of it and if you're down for it, it'll rock. \m/ Good luck
# 10

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.