Mark Tremonti

jk_647
jk_647
08/04/2005 5:06 pm
Hey guys, just a quick post to say why has no one ever mentioned Alter Bridge Creed Or MARK TREMONTI certainly not from what i have seen any how.
I have bene listening to Marks playing now for as longs as he has been around pritty much. He is an amazing giutar player and he certainly isnt mentioned regularly if he is at all.
I guess what im tyring to get at is doesnt any one else like him or something "LOL" obviously not, as Alter Bridges album has gone gold but why doesnt any ever mention him. Or his skills!!!!!!!
Why doesn't my amp go up to 11, :(
Spinal Tap Rock
# 1
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
08/04/2005 5:23 pm
He actually gets mentioned quite a bit.

If you want to read those posts, you should try using the "Search" link up towards the top of this page.
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator

Careful what you wish for friend
I've been to Hell and now I'm back again

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 2
jk_647
jk_647
08/04/2005 6:36 pm
I checked out the search bar with Mr Tremonti, stupid me didnt think of tht one :p, and all it seems to bring up is generally people slagging him off for not throwing in solo's to his songs, made me laugh if people can be moronic enough to not like a song to not have a 20 long solo in it.
Isnt that where metal went bad you dont need a solo for solos sake should be for the songs dudes!!!!
I think the way trmonti's style developed over the three creed albums was brilliant but still none the less the way he structures his songs is brilliant. that aside Solo's do rock :p
I guess at the end of the day guitarists or any kind or musicians is down to personal prefrece of what style of music you listen to and what your opions are.
But i just dont see how people slayed creed for being dull and boring because of their lack of solo's!!!!!
Why doesn't my amp go up to 11, :(
Spinal Tap Rock
# 3
aschleman
aschleman
08/04/2005 7:07 pm
Tremonti is the man... check out a guy named Bill Peck http://www.bill-peck.com/ He is kind of the guitar teacher to Mark Tremonti and you will see where Mark gets his chops. haha. But yeah, Tremonti is a great guitarist and he's widely overlooked. I think in the Creed days Stapp dampened the oppertunity because they would always have to play in tuned down tunings so Stapp could sing over the top. Now Alter Bridge has a singer that can belt it out in any tuning. I think Tremontis style is awesome... he doesn't have to prove anything to anyone. It always seems to me like all these young guys come up and think they have to play their guitars as fast as they can... that's cool but emotion is a bigger part of a solo than speed... Tremonti can get down with the blues too... I love "Broken Wings" on the Alter Bridge CD... that was the first song I learned off that CD.
# 4
PRSplaya
Full Access
PRSplaya
Full Access
08/04/2005 8:10 pm
I like Tremonti as well. I really enjoyed Alter Bridge's album. I did find some of his solo's to sound more like speeding through exercises or something, but overall enjoyable. I like his style of songwriting.
[FONT=Palatino Linotype]Tonja Renee's personal instructor[/FONT]

>HERE'S WHERE I AM NOW<
# 5
Fretfire
Fretfire
08/05/2005 9:10 am
Mark Tremonti rocks but he is also tricky, I played and tabbed the solo of Alterbridge "Open your Eyes" in the Standard guitar tuning E-A-D-G-B-E, and mastered it for a while, only to find out that he played it in an Alternate tuning of Drop D5, Im really disapponted because everytime I like to play that song or their other songs, I will have to tune down my guitar to their tuning, and you need to tune down all strings and not just the high E string, because of that wierd tunings.

Still Tremonti is very good right now, But I think he should refrain from using unnecessary drop tunings, any way they have a vocalist in Miles Kennedy who can sing at any key which is unlike Scott Stapp who can only sing at D or drop D. In that way many guitarist can play their songs and spread the news.
Guitarplaying is 1 Percent Inspiration, 99 Percent Perspiration... :)
# 6
Polera
Guitar Hurricane
Polera
Guitar Hurricane
08/05/2005 9:37 am
I was nt a big fan before, but he is displaying some fine skill now...
WWSD? What would stevie do?
# 7
Leedogg
Grizzled Veteran
Leedogg
Grizzled Veteran
08/10/2005 3:25 pm
I recall mentioning him in this thread.
Blues is easy to play, but hard to feel.
My YouTube Profile
# 8

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.