Bands you should like, but don't...

Leedogg
Grizzled Veteran
Leedogg
Grizzled Veteran
08/02/2005 3:58 am
The other night I was talking to my Brother, who lives in Ft. Lauderdale, on the phone. We both had VH1 Classic on and were jamming out to the old videos we grew up on. Eventually an Aerosmith video came on, and I realized, they have all the ingredients for an awesome rock band, but something never clicked with me to make them "my" band. Joe Perry is a legendary lead guitarist, and I think Steven Tyler is one of the best frontmen of all time, yet they just never did it for me. The Rolling Stones and The Who are the same way for me.

Do you guys have any bands like this?
Blues is easy to play, but hard to feel.
My YouTube Profile
# 1
Blues_Man
Blues_Man
08/02/2005 5:28 am
same bands for me too! Aerosmiths good for a while but kinda get annoying after a while.
I am Comfortably Numb... :D

Oh yeah...STICK IT TO THE MAN!
# 2
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
08/02/2005 3:23 pm
Polaris. They did the theme song to one of the greatest TV shows ever. But I don't like them because they're a pretty mediocre band.
I want the bomb
I want the P-funk!

My band is better than yours...
# 3
aschleman
aschleman
08/02/2005 4:07 pm
Huh... I guess Aerosmith is kind of that way with me too... I've never really reached out and tried to get into The Who or the Stones but I love Kieth Richards. I never really listened to Megadeath at all either but Metallica is one of my favorite bands. The Doors really never caught me... and Dream Theatre just can't keep my attention unless I'm wathcing a concert video. It's all too monotanous, same stuff over and over and over again.. sometimes slow... sometimes fast... sometimes really really fast. Other than that I can't really think of many more... well... now that I think about it more... I've never really gotten heavy into Van Halen. I don't own any of their cds and of the 2,000 songs that I have on my computer... not one of them is a Van Halen song... same goes for Aerosmith, the Doors, Megadeath, Dream Theatre, the Stones, and the Who... I don't have any Black Sabbath and I don't have any Ozzy Osbourne... but I have a lot of Zakk Wylde. Another band is Rush... I have "Chronicles" but I just don't like Rush... It might be because I've heard alot of the songs by Aerosmith and Ozzy so many times that I wouldn't really listen to them if I had them on my playlists. Hm... interesting.
# 4
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
08/04/2005 2:31 am
Oddly enough, I wish I was a fan of Yanni. I think the guy's a phenomenal musician and truly does put a lot into his music... I just think that it all sounds like crap. And that upsets me in the respect that I see someone that I respect highly for their talent, but I don't like him or his music. I have, however, enjoyed a whopping one Yanni tune, but past that his music really just bugs me. I do like Enya though and some Enigma. Go figure.

Iron Maiden used to be in the same category, however recently something finally clicked for me and I've been quite obsessed with them lately. Old and new stuff. I've seen a lot of opinions against their most recent release, but I actually kind of like it. Of course I also like the older stuff, but newer does the trick for me too.
The Gods Made Heavy Metal, And They Saw That It Was Good
They Said To Play It Louder Than Hell, We Promised That We Would

Hulk Smash!!

Whatever you do, don't eat limes. A friend of mine ate a lime once and BAM!! Two years later. Herpes.
# 5

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.