Bloodfest

Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
08/02/2005 2:08 am
Ok, so my weekend was quite an event. About a week ago I'd met a drummer who informed me and a friend of mine about an upcoming event called Bloodfest which had Malevolent Creation, Incantation and Origin as the headliners in front of 22 additional bands. Turns out that a friend of mine happened to be playing in one of the bands that was appearing. Sooo, because he knew me he had his brother and some other guys set something up so it looked like we had a scuff and they carried me off into a tent out of sight where they put duct tape on my mouth and wrapped me in shrink wrap only to carry me out and throw me on the stage like a rag doll. Sometimes I wonder how much I like being skinny. At least half of the bands completely sucked. And I mean a real merciless suck to the point where my friends and I were walking back and forth between the two stages just so we didn't have to hear them playing. Of course this changed as the show progressed when actual metal bands started showing up instead of local bands clinging to gimmicks. Incantation came out and wreaked havoc unto our ears... and it was good. There were some decent bands in the midst of more crappy bands until Origin came and laid wasted to what hearing Incantation had yet to destroy. My ears are still ringing mind you as I was right up front a good 2 feet away from Paul Ryan (good guitarist) watching every last move he made. And it was a very beneficial observation. Anal Blast was also on the line up, but I missed them... not that I was going out of my way to see them. Anyway, after Malevolent Creation started playing I, naturally, gave my upmost attention... up until after the 3rd song when the police had shown up and said "stop or everyone goes to jail." So that was a bummer that they had to cut it short, but what can you do? It was 12:15. On a plus note I got plenty of free **** out of the deal and I got signed posters from Malevolent Creation, Incantation, and Origin. And unlike the Cream reunion, this only cost me $20 and I was standing at most 2 feet away from bands (if not being thrown on the stage in saran wrap). Who's complaining? Certainly not I.
The Gods Made Heavy Metal, And They Saw That It Was Good
They Said To Play It Louder Than Hell, We Promised That We Would

Hulk Smash!!

Whatever you do, don't eat limes. A friend of mine ate a lime once and BAM!! Two years later. Herpes.
# 1
PRSplaya
Full Access
PRSplaya
Full Access
08/02/2005 12:17 pm
Sweet, sounds like you had an awsome time! Did you happen to notice what kind of gear the guitarists were using?
[FONT=Palatino Linotype]Tonja Renee's personal instructor[/FONT]

>HERE'S WHERE I AM NOW<
# 2
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
08/02/2005 4:06 pm
Some of them, yeah. Most of the hardcore people were playing ESP, I saw a Schecter in there. Incantation was exclusively BC Rich, Origin had a Jackson in there and I think the bassist had an Ibanez, Malevolent Creation had a Les Paul, but I didn't get much of a chance to see what everyone else was playing since their show was cut short.
The Gods Made Heavy Metal, And They Saw That It Was Good
They Said To Play It Louder Than Hell, We Promised That We Would

Hulk Smash!!

Whatever you do, don't eat limes. A friend of mine ate a lime once and BAM!! Two years later. Herpes.
# 3
PRSplaya
Full Access
PRSplaya
Full Access
08/02/2005 4:08 pm
I kinda figured that's what the guitars would be, but I was more curious about the amps.
[FONT=Palatino Linotype]Tonja Renee's personal instructor[/FONT]

>HERE'S WHERE I AM NOW<
# 4

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.