Breaking in a glove

Leedogg
Grizzled Veteran
Leedogg
Grizzled Veteran
08/02/2005 1:29 am
What's up guys? I don't know if any of y'all play baseball/softball, but I'm on my company's team and our first practice is Wednesday. I just got back from the store and bought a new glove. This thing is freakin' tight. Does anyone have good advice as to how to break it in the fastest so that it's soft and pliable as opposed to hard and rigid? Right now I got a softball jammed in it, and it's lodged under my computer desk. Like this:

I don't expect it to be worked in by Wednesday, but I was hoping that by Monday (our first game), that it'll be nice and loose. I seem to remember when I was a kid, my dad had this oil that he'd put on the glove to soften it up... Kneadsfoot oil maybe?.. Anyways, do y'all do anything special?
Blues is easy to play, but hard to feel.
My YouTube Profile
# 1
Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
08/02/2005 1:47 am
Try here:

http://www.baseballgloves.com/breakingin/
# 2
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
08/02/2005 2:10 am
What a nice colour for your carpet.
The Gods Made Heavy Metal, And They Saw That It Was Good
They Said To Play It Louder Than Hell, We Promised That We Would

Hulk Smash!!

Whatever you do, don't eat limes. A friend of mine ate a lime once and BAM!! Two years later. Herpes.
# 3
Danny C.
Danny C.
08/02/2005 3:18 am
I used to always stick my glove under my mattress with a baseball in it, that seems to work.
The greatest enemy to what you can know, is what you already know.

It's not how good you play, its how well you play it.
# 4
Leedogg
Grizzled Veteran
Leedogg
Grizzled Veteran
08/02/2005 3:44 am
Originally Posted by: Cryptic ExcretionsWhat a nice colour for your carpet.

Not a fan of the beige?
Blues is easy to play, but hard to feel.
My YouTube Profile
# 5
aschleman
aschleman
08/02/2005 12:13 pm
Well, you can go to a sporting goods store and check out some stuff called "Hot Glove" I used it on the glove that I got right before I started my Freshman season in college and it worked amazing. its some compound that you put on your glove then you put your glove in the oven for a couple minutes and all the stuff gets absorbed into the leather and it helps break your glove in a lot faster... that would be the quickest way I can think of. Also... take a softball and put in the pocket and wrap a lot of rubber bands around it to hold it in place. Try to work the leather in naturally other than that though. If you use too much oil it will get really flimsy really fast. Ahhhhh.... the good ol' days of waking up at 5 o'clock in the morning for baseball practice.... BLAH!
# 6

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.