which guitar???

sirhc1210
sirhc1210
05/03/2001 10:58 pm
What guitar should i get? I am a beginer and i am also on a budget. Does anybody know a good guitar including all the things i need to get started (amp picks strap guitar ect.)for a low price?
# 1
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
05/04/2001 11:35 pm
I know Fender (Squire) and Gibson (Epiphone) all make beginners packages. They're the low end models... Very low end... ...low end everything. BUT we all have to start someplace. My suggestion would be to shop around for a while and get a used guitar and amp- You can get higher quality at a decent price. Try to find a shop that's fairly honest (they do exist) and that'll look out for you and your interests. As for what type of guitar to get, that's up to you, try and get something that feels comfortable and generates sounds you like. If you get used equipment make sure they're all in good shape (hook everything up, turn it on, and turn knobs to see if they make scratching sounds (which would be bad)... be careful with volume knobs- you don't want to be making feedback just yet). Anyway, I've probably confused you, so I'm gonna go.
My work here is done.
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator

Careful what you wish for friend
I've been to Hell and now I'm back again

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 2

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.