View post (Help my Strat!!!!!!!!)

View thread

Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
05/06/2001 9:33 am
I have heard that the domestic US market has been ill-served by the 'buy American' credo, in that it has been used by unscrupulous businesses as an oportunity to foist sub-standard merchandise on a patriotic clientel.:eek:

Goods made off-shore can't hide behind this misguided policy, so they must maintain competitive price/quality or die in the marketplace. American-made Stratocasters and Telecasters seem to figure in an unusually high number of the complaints that have surfaced lately. This may simply be people indulging in a 'me too' reaction to an initial gripe, or it may be a real problem. Is it merely coincidence that the Japanese and Korean guitars are getting rave reviews these days? :(

Pickups with strong magnets can pull the strings down from the straight path they would otherwise take, from the nut or a fret, to the bridge. This can cause the sort of nightmarish intonation hassles you describe. This is easily corrected, as per my previous post.

Or it may be that the spacing between frets is not accurate. This is a 'terminal' condition, for which the only cure is replacement of the fingerboard. It would be simpler, (and thus cheaper) to replace the entire neck. I guess the silver lining in this particular cloud would be the chance to try out one of the excellent necks from Warmoth. Unless Fender is willing to do right by you under warranty.:rolleyes:

I can sympathize with you. An expensive guitar should be a source of joy and satisfaction. This just has to be seriously frustrating! :mad:
Lordathestrings
Guitar Tricks Moderator

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons