View post (Dealing With The Pressure...)

View thread

deadfish
deadfish
10/06/2001 5:29 pm
ive worked under pressure once before, and gotten very nervous once before, and seriously, how people can do it??
*Pressure - saying i can play songs that i cant really play to friends, and them coming over next day and wanting to hear
*Nervous - get taught dancing at school. when the guys have to pick girl partners, i know it sounds silly, but i forge notes from parents saying sore ankle so i dont have to do it

(i am 16 btw)

i play my first live performance in front of half of my school in a few months, me being the lead guitarist. i know im a pretty good one, and im looking forward to the day, but at the same time, im also dreading the day, because it is playing in front of all my peers, everyone i know, if i screw up big time, will they think different of me? and what will i do if i screw up? all kinds of questions like these run through my head

any advice, because i know i will be sweating like hell and have the biggest butterflies in my stomach beforehand.

i can try and deny it, but the reason why i wanna go up there is pretty much to show off, i like playing by myself, with no one listening, so i can just let my fingers carry themselves, and get taken away somewhere else, but im not too sure if i can achieve that with hundreds of people paying attention to me

So after all that, does anyone have any advice, tips'n'tricks to share with me so i can conquer that evil butterfly feeling in my stomach so i wont have to deal with it in a few months time, and do not suggest pretend theyre in there underwear, as much as id like to see all the upper school women in underwear.......*ahem* so help me peoples