Who is the new Hendrix?

Blues_Man
I started this to see a poll of who all think the next greatest guitar player will be. So, Here are one to get the ball moving.The lead guitarist of Los Lonely Boys (that guy is awesome!)
I am Comfortably Numb... :D

Oh yeah...STICK IT TO THE MAN!
# 1
Matthew O'Regan
:eek: I cannot believe you said that! I was thinking exactly the same person - well, actually many people. Him and Chris Brooks stand out though. They are both VERY different, but brilliant. And I think therein lies the problem - guitarists span over so many musical genres that picking a singular great would be impossible, and getting anyone to agree with you.. well... forget about it.
[FONT=Arial]If it has strings, I'll have a go...[/FONT]
# 2
Blues_Man
Yeah I agree There are so many different styles you really just can't pick one.
I am Comfortably Numb... :D

Oh yeah...STICK IT TO THE MAN!
# 3
Polera
Guitar Hurricane
Although the dude from Los Lonely Boys plays similar style to Hendrix. No one right now is like hendrix. Hendrix was good but it was it outragious style that changed the face of guitar that made him great. No one has the impact...cuz to me his impact is what makes Hendrix. He is damn good thouhgh, dont get me wrong...
WWSD? What would stevie do?
# 4
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
Yeah, I'm pretty much with Polera on this one. Guitar music alone has become way too diverse and in depth to start labelling who the best is. But I like it that way. It's what puts truth to the saying "there's always someone better out there." So long as we've got a guy that can do something that another guitarist can't do, I'm happy.
The Gods Made Heavy Metal, And They Saw That It Was Good
They Said To Play It Louder Than Hell, We Promised That We Would

Hulk Smash!!

Whatever you do, don't eat limes. A friend of mine ate a lime once and BAM!! Two years later. Herpes.
# 5
Kutzki
i dont think we will ever have another jimi hendrix, there was an elvis presley then the beatles then jimi hendrix and then led zepplin and then sorta van halen and then joe satriani

we will see- but if you look at who i listed the influence got smaller and smaller

till today where everyone has their indi band they like.
whatever - we are definetly overdue a modern day jimi.
guess its up to us. the next generation.
When it comes down to it, our guitar's will always be there for us. :rolleyes:
# 6
Polera
Guitar Hurricane
Originally Posted by: Kutzkii dont think we will ever have another jimi hendrix, there was an elvis presley then the beatles then jimi hendrix and then led zepplin and then sorta van halen and then joe satriani

we will see- but if you look at who i listed the influence got smaller and smaller

till today where everyone has their indi band they like.
whatever - we are definetly overdue a modern day jimi.
guess its up to us. the next generation.

I agree with for the most part...but to mention satch's name there..is a bit out of context...

My 2 cents...
WWSD? What would stevie do?
# 7
Kutzki
Ya, your right.
My apoligize, if needed.
When it comes down to it, our guitar's will always be there for us. :rolleyes:
# 8