Need a good sound live with POD

VHLO
VHLO
07/07/2005 8:44 pm
I dont like how it sounds trough the PA cause its realy bad so sould I use an atomic reactor( tube Amp) and equaliuzer pedal (BOSS)....
also recently I buy a book by Troy Stetina and he used a POD with a tube screamer a he gets a super cool heavy sound which I like. Can I use a booster signal (like t screamer) with the POD?
# 1
Dr_simon
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Dr_simon
Guitar Tricks Instructor
07/07/2005 9:26 pm
yep, make sure you have the cab sims turned off.
My instructors page and www.studiotrax.net for all things recording.
my toons Brought to you by Dr BadGAS
# 2
PRSplaya
Full Access
PRSplaya
Full Access
07/08/2005 12:35 pm
If you're talking about the POD 2.0 (not the xt) then it's real easy to get a good live sound from it. I've used it live a couple different way's and it's alway's sounded great. I normally use the "Modern High Gain" (Soldano X88E preamp model) for the heavier higher gain stuff, the JCM800 model for the medium gain stuff, and I can't remember what I use for cleans. All of them have the cab sim's turned off, and the switch on the back of the POD set to "amp". Also, you will want to hold down on the save buttom when powering up and then select A, B, or C depending on what you're running the POD through (the manual goes more into this).

Setups I've used...

-POD into a Mackie M-800 solid state power amp into a Marshall 1960a 4x12 cab
-POD into the effects return of a Peavey Classic 50 2x12 tube combo
-POD into the effects return of a Peavey Triple XXX head into a Marshall 1960a 4x12 cab

All of those setups sounded killer. So, I would suggest getting a 50 watt tube cobo or head and cab and run the POD into the effects return. Or, you could get a tube power amp like a Peavey Classic 50/50 or Messa 20:20 and a 2x12 or 4x12 (depending on your needs).

I probably wouldn't get the Atomic if you plan on playing with a band that plays loud, because it's just not quite enough (especially if you're not going to be mic'd). They are comming out with a 2x12 that would be plenty loud, but for the same money your could get a very decent tube amp and have it to play through if you didn't want to mess with your POD.

I also use an MXR ZW-44 Zakk Wylde overdrive infront of the POD when I need a really tight and heavey sound which works great!

I hope some of that helped out, and good luck in your search for tone ;)
[FONT=Palatino Linotype]Tonja Renee's personal instructor[/FONT]

>HERE'S WHERE I AM NOW<
# 3
VHLO
VHLO
07/10/2005 7:25 am
thanks alot PRS
# 4

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.