Lennon or Kobain

chris mascarenas
chris mascarenas
04/28/2001 10:25 am
I overall think kobain is great but will never match up to lennon or the beatles.
# 1
Bardsley
Bardsley
04/29/2001 5:45 am
The big question is, Lennon or Lenin? Who do you guys reckon is better?
"Dozens of people spontaneously combust each year, it's just not that widely reported".
# 2
howie50
howie50
04/29/2001 7:08 pm
Well it would have to be Lenin if a choice is to be made, cos Lennon did'nt have the NKVD behind him. (So comrade Lennon you are preaching free love and tolerance and also you are taking LSD. Comrades take him and his ugly wife to Ljubjanka for re-education.) So Lenin wins. Next week Mao Tse Tung versus McCartney supprted by Ghandi versus The Monkees in a bareknuckle contest, my money's on Ghandi in the 1st round.

[Edited by howie50 on 04-29-2001 at 03:11 PM]
It takes 3 chords, 2 fingers and one asshole to play rock'n'roll
# 3
Led Zeppelin
Led Zeppelin
04/29/2001 9:37 pm
I overall think Kobain isnt great and noone will ever match up with Lennon.
www.gnr.com.ar
http://www.izzystradlin.tk/
# 4
Bardsley
Bardsley
04/30/2001 5:53 am
And who would win in a fight, Ghandi or Lennon?
Now that would be an interesting fight, both of them sitting in the corner, using non-violent resistance...
"Dozens of people spontaneously combust each year, it's just not that widely reported".
# 5
Joseph
Joseph
05/06/2001 1:31 am
But still, I grew up listening to The Beatles, and john Lennons songs reallyt played a big part in my life over the past several years, so its really hard for me to put this guy in second place. I agree, there will never be another band quite like the Beatles..But as for Kurt Cobain/Nirvana, it really bothers me that people seem to be more fascinated by this bands sudden popularity instead of acknowledging the fact that this guy wrote really great lyrics, and music that best represented his personality. There are a lot of music who have trouble finding themselves through music, for the time being I think Kurt Cobain did a great job. And the reason his music still rings out many years later, is because a lot of people are able to relate to his overall approach, where music was no longer this big competition. Once again music was about feel and soul... Every few decades there comes a long this great musician who reminds people whats most important..Its safe to say we all need a wake up call every now and then...

But as it seems, many rockstars today are sleeping too long and hard, where all they want out of the music industry is their day in the spotlight. Where longevity and self integrity is secondary. I'll tell you its sad :(.

-Joseph
www.ragmagazine.com
"Swoop and soar like the blues angels."
# 6
NegativeCrp
NegativeCrp
05/06/2001 1:54 am
That is a good question. Lenin himself was a great man himself don't get me wrong. But Cobain is definitely up there with him. Kurt's songwriting was unmatched in the day for its integrity and its sheer truthfulness. Most people are astounded by how fast they became popular. But most don't see beyond it. Cobain never wanted to become a rockstar yet his fans made him their idol even faster than could be thought. He was their idol not because he was rich and famous and in a huge band, but because he was a rockstar that was human who wrote damn good music and was honest in doing so. He never lived for the corporate dollar and did his best not to put himself on a level above everyone else in the world. Unlike almost all rockstars do today. He was an incredible human being and musician and we should start comparing the leading frontmen of today's bands to that man. He will be loved and missed, but never forgotten in the music community (same with Lenin)

[Edited by NegativeCrp on 05-06-2001 at 08:47 PM]
"I'm so ugly thats ok cause so are you"
# 7
Bardsley
Bardsley
05/06/2001 5:19 am
I have a feeling Lenin won't be remembered for very long in the music community, although was it he that didn't like Stravinski? I know who you mean though, I'm just being dumb.
Huw leaves now.
# 8
space ace
space ace
05/27/2001 11:52 pm
Anyone who puts Kurt Cobains name within two letter spaces of John Lennon's deserves a ****in bullet in their head. The Beatles were the biggest band in history, John Lennon pretty much stopped the Vietnam war and the only reason Kurt Cobain's remembered is because he's ****in dead.
Lane Hunter
# 9
loner92
loner92
05/28/2001 2:45 am
To answer the original question, no.

# 10
justinsane666
justinsane666
05/28/2001 8:05 pm
I GREW UP LISTENING TO THE BEATLES. NOBODY CAN TOUCH THEM!!!

WHEN 'BLEACH' HIT THE STORES, IT BECAME MY FAVORITE INDIE ALBUM!

'NEVERMIND'... GENIUS OF AN ALBUM.

'INCESTICIDE'... B-SIDES THAT SHOULD'VE BEEN A-SIDES
(FOR THOSE WHO KNOW WHAT A 45 IS...AND ITS NOT A WEAPON YOU FRIGGIN COMMIES:))

'IN UTERO'... BEAUTIFULLY PERFORMED/AND WRITTEN ALBUM.

WHAT I AM GETTING AT IS JOHN LENNON WAS A FRICKIN' LEGEND, BEFORE ANYONE ELSE KNEW IT. THEN HE DIED!

ALONG COMES KURT COBAIN WITH HIS OWN 'REVOLUTION', HIS OWN VERSION OF 'BED PEACE', AND THANK THE LORD ABOVE, GOT US OUT OF OUR MUSICAL BULLS%#@ RUT THAT SOME WOULD CALL "MUSIC"

HARD TO COMPARE THE TWO, BUT BOTH WERE PROPHETS IN THERE OWN RESPECTIVE TIMES!!!

"BETTER TO BURN OUT THEN TO FADE AWAY"

"BETTER TO BURN OUT,
THEN TO FADE AWAY!"

J.B.
# 11

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.