View post (Cell phone trick)

View thread

elklandercc
Full Access
elklandercc
Full Access
07/14/2005 12:55 am
Originally Posted by: aschlemanI was in the studio with my best friend one day and I we were messing around and I went to pluck my guitar with my cell phone (we were soloing using wierd things as picks and slides)... I accidentally opened it up and pressed a button and it rang out through the pickups. The frequencies must vibrate the strings enough to put the sound through the pickups.... So I experimented some more with it and I played some of my ringers through it. And my phone has a feature so you can make your own custom ringers using notes. I thought it was a pretty neat little trick. You can get some pretty trippy sounds if you distort the sound and use some Wah effects and stuff. Has anyone else experimented with this?? Or found other interesting devices to make trippy noises??

Disturbed figureed that one out,too. I was reading in guitar world that they use that in one of their song intros in their upcoming cd, 10,000 fists.
"During this line, the kid acted like he was pushing buttons on a calculator in the air. The kid played ******* air-calculator!"

Myspace