View post (Any of you from or with friends and/or with family in London...)

View thread

Andrew Sa
Andrew Sa
07/07/2005 6:42 pm
I am ok!
but what a day...I just had a three hour walk home(buses have only just resumed, but trains are still out, not sure when they get back on track).

After the whole incident everything was actually very calm...the whole thing was handled incredibly well.Initially the authorities claimed it was a power surge...which was a great idea "ladies and gentlemen, there has been a large power surge at Liverpool street station and as a result, the underground is temporarily out of service...please locate your nearest exit and vacate the station" obviously got a much calmer response than "Holy ****, ****ing Bombs everywhere". so all was very calm and not much panic.

I work as a security guard in Central London, I sit in a glass room, so I could see everything around me...there was total chaos for about 2 hours, but it was confusion sort of chaos, rather than fear or panic.

It was rather weird tho, a bus blew up just a few hundred metres up the road from my work...I didnt hear it or see it, but I saw lots of people running away from it, and many many people crying.

It was a weird day, but luckily no-one I know was hurt...I hope we can say the same for Akira...another Uk resident if I am correct...not sure about a Londoner tho...

geez what a day!
[FONT=Century Gothic]Hope is when we feel the pain that makes us try again[/FONT]