View post (no more smoking...)

View thread

Jon Broderick
Administrator
Jon Broderick
Administrator
07/01/2005 12:50 am
I feel for you. I quit a pack a day habit a few years ago.

The key, IMHO, is to understand that you just aren't going to feel good for a while. You have to accept that quitting causes suffering and allow yourself to just drudge through for a while. It is a major life change and it is normal for you to hurt from it. It may take all you got, you might have to quit your second job to reduce stress, you may have to let other people get one over on you who normally wouldn't get away with it, you may have to give up other goals to get this one. It is not a "spare time" thing.

The other thing I would say is don't worry about whether or not you are gonna smoke on new year's or any other future time. You have to not smoke today to even HAVE that problem.

Cigarettes actually have no useful/pleasant traits. If you think they do (thinking you enjoyed it, it tasted good, looked cool, etc) that is really just the addiction talking. Once you take a step back, they are tottally useless, stinky and expensive.

Hang in there! The problems quitting smoking causes actually go away and then your life will get normal-ish.

Hope that helps!
Jon Broderick
Guitar Tricks Instructor

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons