What did I get myself into?

Danny C.
Danny C.
06/26/2005 11:11 pm
I just bought a used Line 6 Flextone II amp. I realize now that I don't know as much about it as I thought I did, :rolleyes: It didn't come with a manual but the guy I bought it off of told me I can download one of the internet. However, I can't find one. Also, isn't there supposed to be software with the amp, because I didnt get that either, if there is. So does anyone know where I can find a manual for it? I bargained him down to $150 and I couldn't turn it down and now I really need to know more about this amp and what i got myself into with all the digital effects and software and what not.Also, is this amp not a solid state? :confused: or is it considered something else? Could someone please help me?
Thank you so much for all of you guys help.
The greatest enemy to what you can know, is what you already know.

It's not how good you play, its how well you play it.
# 1
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
06/27/2005 12:26 am
I think everything you're looking for can be found here:

http://line6.com/support/knowledgebase/
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator

Careful what you wish for friend
I've been to Hell and now I'm back again

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 2
Danny C.
Danny C.
06/27/2005 12:39 am
Thank you very much Raskolnikov :)

# 3
aschleman
aschleman
06/27/2005 12:36 pm
The Line 6 Flextone II is a solid-state modeling amp. Which means that it emulates other amps. I have a Flextone II half stack and I love it. The amp doesn't come with any software as you mentioned... maybe you're thinking of a Vetta II HD?? But the amp is pretty self explanitory. You turn the knobs to select your amp and your effects... then if you want to save it to one of the four channels you press the channel button and hold it. You can buy the 4 channel footswitch like I did to make your life a little easier and more convenient... It's a great sounding amp with high quality Celestions in it. And for 150 dollars, consider yourself lucky to have it.
# 4
Danny C.
Danny C.
06/27/2005 4:24 pm
Thanks aschleman, I must have been thinking of the vetta II. I have already learned a lot about it but there is still much more i have to learn just to use all of its amp models and effects. It came with the FB4 and is awesome how you can save the sounds and have 4 different amps at a tap of the foot. I definetley got a good deal on this amp, i love it. The guy i bought it off of was no longer able to play so i am lucky to find such a deal. Isnt there a way to downloads sounds off of the internet and put on my amp too? Thanks everyone

# 5
aschleman
aschleman
06/27/2005 4:47 pm
No prob man. Unfortunatly there is no way to download any effects or anything into the Flextones. I believe you can on the Vetta's though. So once again, you might be thinking of those. The Flextones are kind of the "meat and potatoes" version of the Vettas. The Vettas have a more complex processor (The Line 6 POD) in the head unit which allows it to have a lot more amp models and effects... If you wanted to have something similar to this you could go out and buy a Line 6 PODxt Live. They are footswitches that have the Vetta technology in them. The Flextone is a great amp though and you should be able to do a ton with it even though, to some, there is a limited amount of effects and amps. I've owned and played through tons of amps and the Flextone II is one of my favorites.
# 6

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.