Problem with fitting new neck

villaarmy
villaarmy
06/23/2005 10:48 am
Hi, new here, just joined.

I bought a BC Rich neck and want to fit it on my strat but no holes were drilled so I needed to do that myself.

I used a 2mm drill to drill through the holes in the body into the neck but this has created a problem. The screws will not properly go into the neck and they instead raise the neck off the body by a few millimeters (and the screws will not go fully in).

If anyone knows how to sort this out it would be greatly appreciated.

cheers
I have two words: Fillmore Gears
# 1
aschleman
aschleman
06/24/2005 3:58 pm
Okay, as I understand the problem... You drilled the wholes, you screw the screws into the holes but it lifts the body a few milimeters...

Well, the first thing... make sure your screws are long enough. They should go well into the heel of the neck. It doens't matter how long they are just as long as you know they won't go within about a 1/4 inch of the fretboard. Try some longer screws.

Something else that my be a problem... your holes may not be drilled perfectly perpendicular to the surface of the neck heel and pocket. This causes the screws to come in at an angel... pushing on the side wall of the screw hole instead of going in straight

Try the longer screws. Once you screw the screw in until it's flush with the body of the guitar, give it a couple extra turns... this tightens the neck to the heel pocket. If the longer screws don't work. Get some doll rod and plug the holes and re-drill them. You might need help with doing that. Good luck
# 2

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.