moux
moux
06/18/2005 6:39 pm
So I need help choosing one of these Ibanez:

RG321MH
GRG170DX

(or if I do a superhuman attempt)
RG370DX

this is pretty much what my pocket can tolerate and these are the ones i've liked the most, I wouldn't really give the tremolo much use since I would hate all the maintenance I'd have to give it if I used it, I play mostly metal so I wonder if any of these would suit me, any suggestions? Any kind of help is greatly appreciated, thx.
# 1
Poontang_clan
Poontang_clan
06/18/2005 7:22 pm
i dont know about the other ones but my friend just bought a rg321mh and its so nice it sounds great and it has a really fast neck and its just really easy to play . Its also a light guitar too. and for the price it is really amazing. but but the grgs are more of the low end ibanez and the rg 370dx has a floyd rose tremolo. so i would say your best bet would be the RG321MH

i hope that helps
"We forgot to call Dylan" "Who the F*ck is Dylan?" "oh, I mean xDylanx" " oh yea we forgot to call him"
# 2
moux
moux
06/19/2005 5:34 pm
so trem briges on ibanez guitars can't really hold a tune?

the bridge on the rg370dx is an double locking pro edge II btw, not floyd rose, at least not the one I'm getting anyway.
# 3
Poontang_clan
Poontang_clan
06/19/2005 9:39 pm
Originally Posted by: mouxso trem briges on ibanez guitars can't really hold a tune?

the bridge on the rg370dx is an double locking pro edge II btw, not floyd rose, at least not the one I'm getting anyway.

the edge pro double locking system has the exact same concept as a floydrose it just looks a little different if you want less trouble and arent going to use the tremolo that much i suggest to stay away from them and this is coming from someone who uses a floyd rose bridge and yea the GRGs can't keep in tune my friend has a GRG and when i was playing it. Just from bending the strings when i was playing after 20 minutes it went out of tune i dont know if it was just his guitar but id stick with the RG321MH try it out for yourself its a great guitar for metal too.
"We forgot to call Dylan" "Who the F*ck is Dylan?" "oh, I mean xDylanx" " oh yea we forgot to call him"
# 4
tehplatypus
tehplatypus
06/20/2005 7:55 am
Originally Posted by: mouxSo I need help choosing one of these Ibanez:

RG321MH
GRG170DX

(or if I do a superhuman attempt)
RG370DX

this is pretty much what my pocket can tolerate and these are the ones i've liked the most, I wouldn't really give the tremolo much use since I would hate all the maintenance I'd have to give it if I used it, I play mostly metal so I wonder if any of these would suit me, any suggestions? Any kind of help is greatly appreciated, thx.

grg = crap.

rg's aren't really my choice of ibanez but i'd say go for the RG321MH...mainly because i'm not a fan of locking trems (yeah, i'm lazy)...also the 321 has a mahogany body....which would be much nicer than the basswood body of the 370dx.

personally, i'd love to have an SA320X...but that's just me and obviously out of both of our prices ranges. :p

edit: oh yeah, and also: i am an ibanez owner and have had two...a custom S series i got used (was v nice except the trem which seemed to be dying) and an artcore AS73...and apparently they don't make the blue burst anymore?
okay...my post is done...goodbye.
# 5
Superhuman
Superhuman
06/20/2005 9:39 am
As far as the Ibanez trem system goes... the Edge Pro is the same one on the Jem series (as used by Vai) so don't strike a guitar off just because it doesnt have a Floyd Rose.

Once the neck is straight, the frets arent worn and the trem is is good condition then "most" Ibanez models are a good buy. You do get what you pay for to a certain extent though. Pickups make a huge difference, so I would read up on all of the hardware before making a choice and if you have a chance, spend a good while playing each guitar in a music shop on the same amp. You can always upgrade the pickups at a later date if you are happy with the weight, neck, trem and overall feel and look of the guitar.

I've had good experience with Ibanez to date and highly recommend them - even the cheap models (depending on your level of experience, budget etc).
The cheapest one I had was an Ibanez SX, the pickups were horrible so I replaced the bridge humbucker with a DiMarzio Evolution and it made a massive difference. I currently have an Ibanez Prestige, excellent piece of machinery but I'm not overly happy with the factory Ibz/Dimarzio pickups. The trem system is the Ibanez standard model and I have no problems with it at all. It never goes out of tune even after heavy whammy action.
My latest and hopefully final aquisition is a Jem "Bad Horsie", the most amazing guitar I have ever played. Once you get an Ibanez it's hard to go back!
# 6

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.