The making of a guitar solo

Martin Spaans
Martin Spaans
04/24/2001 9:37 am
When i'm making a solo for a song. I sit down at my computer, record the backing track with rythm guitar and drum computer and then play on, measure for measure I create the solo. When the chord changes are not to difficult I make a loop so i can see in what measure i am. I have allways the restriction of a number of bars. It's really fun to do, in the end there are allways certain passages i have to work on. At the time of playing i do not think of modes etc. however I play them i think. Allways trying to put something original in it. Mostly in one evening the solo is ready. I write it all down so I won't forget it a week later. When i play it live and i feel good i go beyond this solo, when i'm not in shape i use the basic solo.
How create other guitarists their solos and play it live?
Is it an idea for the tricks? Contribute your solo with backing track.
# 1
zepo
zepo
04/24/2001 3:18 pm
You just play what you feel don't write it down you'll end up changing it anyway.
"I need a girl who's as hot as my guitar."
# 2
Martin Spaans
Martin Spaans
04/25/2001 11:47 am
I will make changes, but it gives something you can rely on. It's a basic. In the beginning I start to improvise but i try to make the solo with a beginning, middle section and end. When you're just improvising it's nice when you're jamming along. I'm not that good to make a good solo instantly on stage. Working on a solo gives me the opportunity to let in new techniques and sounds. It's also good to record that kind of sessions for just that little thing you can't remember, especially after taking alcohol etc.
I love playing after a copple of beers, I can go on for hours, but if people like it when i do that on stage, I don't think so.

# 3
zepo
zepo
04/25/2001 11:46 pm
I see your point and I remember being at that place once long ago write down the basic structure then work from there but I was so relieved when i finally could improv though it makes your life so much easier. Good luck to you in the future on improvising on stage.
"I need a girl who's as hot as my guitar."
# 4

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.