View post (Help I Just Realized I cant play anything)

View thread

Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
06/16/2005 2:27 am
You're not alone. In all the years I've been involved in music there are only 3 songs I can play from start to finish... on one instrument each. I don't like to learn entire songs. I dont' have the dedication, patience, or even remote desire to learn someone else's song in its entirety. It's not my thing, I'm not a cover artist. Instead I learn the bits and pieces that I find most appealing and fun to play. Same applies to solos, I've yet to learn someone else's solo for any song. Every so often I'll check someone's solo out and check for a cool sweeping pattern or something like that, maybe a tap lick or two, but I lack that kind of dedication. I've yet to find anything really wrong with that anyway, what works for some doesn't work for all y'know. But from my experience, learning easier songs won't make you feel any better. I've always felt worse, like I wasn't challenging myself enough. At least, this is what I've always felt from such things. I collect tabs these days, but I've hardly even looked at most of them. I don't know why I have them all, they comfort me I guess. I sleep easier knowing I have a lot of tabs.
The Gods Made Heavy Metal, And They Saw That It Was Good
They Said To Play It Louder Than Hell, We Promised That We Would

Hulk Smash!!

Whatever you do, don't eat limes. A friend of mine ate a lime once and BAM!! Two years later. Herpes.