My Pickguard (Help Plz)

metallica89
metallica89
06/16/2005 12:39 am
I Just Got A New Guitar and its a Epiphone Les Paul Classic Quilt top And when i got it,It Didnt come with the pickguard on and i want it on but dont know how to put it on. should i do it myself or should i take it to a music store.Can Somebody tell me how i can put it on.

:mad: Ride The Lightning :mad:
# 1
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
06/16/2005 6:38 am
[font=trebuchet ms]It's not hard to do, but since you're not sure about it, I recommend taking it to a tech.[/font]
Lordathestrings
Guitar Tricks Moderator

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 2
aschleman
aschleman
06/16/2005 1:43 pm
The degree of difficulty depends on if the guitar came with the holes already drilled... if not, then you will have to drill them. If you don't already have a pickguard kit then go buy one.. they come with a pre drilled pickguard and a bracket with a couple screws. If you feel comfortable drilling through your finish then by all means go for it... but if you feel any doubts about your capabilities with a drill take it to a tech... Basically all you have to do is put some masking tape down in the areas that you will have to drill...screw the bracket to the pickguard... then do a mock-up of where you want it... mark the holes that you will have to drill on the masking tape... then get the right size drill bit for the screws and drill the holes. Go slow so you don't crack the finish. The masking tape will help prevent the finish from cracking but it won't completely prevent it... so be careful. It's usually more of a concern when you're pulling the bit out then when the bit is drilling down. When you have all your holes drilled, carefully remove the tape and polish the area. Check for chips of any kind... Next, screw the pickguard on and there you have it... a custom shop pickguard installation! Like I said earlier though... if you don't feel comfortble... and aren't sure about whether or not you can do this... take it to a tech!
# 3

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.