View post (My 13 year old son playing For The Love of God...video...check it out!!!)

View thread

RedZep
RedZep
06/14/2005 7:29 am
Well, it was quite fun to watch. :) Considering his age and the ammount of time he has been playing, he is damn good. Reminded me of me (not to sound arrogant). I started when I was 13 (I'm 15 now), and I remember such a time when all I could do was play guitar for hours (sometimes 8 at a time or more), just trying to figure out one song. It's kind of funny to look back on that now, and see something that would have taken me a week to learn back then, take me an hour now.

Point is, he is talented, but I want another video, this time no background music, and give the kid a Les Paul why don't ya? :cool: Just let the kid loose to see what he comes up with on his own. If he can hold something with no background music for 5 minutes, I will be highly impressed.

I just joined this website today, got the high-bandwidth $5 thing, nice deal, I think it needs a bit more life in here though. One thing I always like seeing is kids that make adults feel scared for whatever position they are in (in this case, guitar playing). Wonder if I should break out the video camera and record some messing around?

Luck to ya kid, ;)

RedZep