Ok, another new instrumental

finger_cruncher
finger_cruncher
06/10/2005 8:05 pm
Yet another sneak-peek from my next upcoming instrumental CD. Entitled 'Ascension (Remix)', it's actually a rendition of an original instrumental tune I used to perform with my band on stage.

Anyhow....hope you enjoy & thanks for the listen.

'Ascension (Remix)'

Peace,

Matt
# 1
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
06/10/2005 8:38 pm
[font=trebuchet ms]Well done, Matt! There's some great playing on there.

I wonder about the overall tone, though. To my ears, it's a little *too* good, in that it's a bit reminiscent of the sounds Jan Hamer got out of his synthesizers for the Miami Vice soundtracks. Maybe a little less compresion? I don't know, to me it sounds a lot more like a POD straight to the board than a mic in front of a raging amp.[/font]
Lordathestrings
Guitar Tricks Moderator

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 2
Superhuman
Superhuman
06/20/2005 11:55 pm
Realy excellent work! Great to hear some original stuff, keep it up!
# 3
finger_cruncher
finger_cruncher
06/24/2005 1:32 am
I've updated the mp3 to a direct link for those who can't be bothered with logging into Soundclick. You might need to cut & paste the entire link into your url.

http://www.captivatinguitar.com/[MattSmith]Ascension(Remix).mp3

Originally Posted by: Lordathestrings[font=trebuchet ms]Well done, Matt! There's some great playing on there.

I wonder about the overall tone, though. To my ears, it's a little *too* good, in that it's a bit reminiscent of the sounds Jan Hamer got out of his synthesizers for the Miami Vice soundtracks. Maybe a little less compresion? I don't know, to me it sounds a lot more like a POD straight to the board than a mic in front of a raging amp.[/font][/QUOTE]

Thanx man. A little too good, eh? heh. I'll take that as a compliment. And essentially, you are right, I used a PodXT directly into my soundcard.

Originally Posted by: AkiraHey that's pretty good! Be sure to let us know when you get this album out.

Thanx Akira. I'm hoping to have this album ready by late August or early September. I'll be sure to let you know when it's out.

[QUOTE=Superhuman]Realy excellent work! Great to hear some original stuff, keep it up!

Thanx, Superhuman. Appreciate the comments. I've heard your work before too and you're a good shredder.
# 4
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
06/25/2005 10:56 pm
I love that funk vibe, man.
I want the bomb
I want the P-funk!

My band is better than yours...
# 5
Blues_Man
Blues_Man
07/21/2005 10:30 pm
Not my style but some good playing none the less
I am Comfortably Numb... :D

Oh yeah...STICK IT TO THE MAN!
# 6

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.