SCREAMO music

SoulDistortion
SoulDistortion
06/15/2005 4:17 pm
OK cryptic you are trying WAAAAAAAAAY to hard, you will always think the sky is red. Frankly I give up. One last thing...

I enjoy growling. It makes me feel good when I growl.

LOL whatever you like.... :confused:
---iiholly
My friend died rock climbing on Saturday. He was drunk though... and he didn't normally rock climb. [...] I'm not too good with death.
---6strngs_2hmbkrs
I hesitate to take a post from iiholly seriously...
---iiholly
Well, Mike dying is pretty serious to me. I couldn't have stopped it, I wasn't there.
---6strngs_2hmbkrs
sorry, ok, i thought it might have been a joke, I'm terribly sorry
---Akira
This thread has turned out well.
# 1
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
6strngs_2hmbkrs
Proud Celica Enthusiast
06/15/2005 9:51 pm
Originally Posted by: SoulDistortionWhat came first, singing or growling? (singing) What sounds better? (singing) What takes more time to perfect? (singing) What is understandable? (singing) What can contain variety and allow the singer to insert his own personallity into the words he speaks? (singing)

What came first? (singing I suppose came first, but that doesn't necessarily make it better) What sounds better? (this is really a matter of opinion, you can't say that singing sounds better) What takes more time to perfect? (probably take equal amounts of time) What is understandable? (well, that song that you posted may not have been understandable, but that doesn't mean that the entire genre of music isn't understandable, take a look at a band called "lamb of god") What can contain variety and allow the singer to insert his own personallity into the words he speaks? (well, there is definate variety in both kinds of music, and thoughts and feeling can just as easily be put into either style)

I must also say that not all death metal isn't understandable. there are several bands out there that can scream/growl and you can still understand the lyrics... personally, I don't like music where they don't actually say anything, and they just scream (like in the link you posted) but you can't hate the entire genre for the few bands that do do that. also, sometimes the music is understandable, but you just can't make it out the first time through, I honestly don't understand what a lot of singers are saying the first time I hear the song...

you know, if you are going to diss metal, you might as well diss classical music too... they are almost all instrumental, and when they do have singing, it's not usually lyrics, just singing random noises and sounds.
If you like cars see mine here
my spyspace
# 2
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
06/15/2005 10:19 pm
I see this thread is still going strong. Ah... well, I've put my 2 cents in plenty of times over. I'm done with it all.
The Gods Made Heavy Metal, And They Saw That It Was Good
They Said To Play It Louder Than Hell, We Promised That We Would

Hulk Smash!!

Whatever you do, don't eat limes. A friend of mine ate a lime once and BAM!! Two years later. Herpes.
# 3
SoulDistortion
SoulDistortion
06/16/2005 9:38 pm
Originally Posted by: Cryptic ExcretionsI see this thread is still going strong. Ah... well, I've put my 2 cents in plenty of times over. I'm done with it all.

Indeed you have, have you seen your 2 cents as effective on anyones opinions or do you think it was a waste of time? Don't think im some vicious monster out to shoot down anyone with a different opinoin than me. I guess i could call it a good debate :confused: Anyways, I see most of this as wasted time and effort because you are stubborn and I am stubborn, its like 2 500 pound men playing tug of war.
---iiholly
My friend died rock climbing on Saturday. He was drunk though... and he didn't normally rock climb. [...] I'm not too good with death.
---6strngs_2hmbkrs
---iiholly
Well, Mike dying is pretty serious to me. I couldn't have stopped it, I wasn't there.
---6strngs_2hmbkrs
---Akira
# 4
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
06/16/2005 10:08 pm
Originally Posted by: SoulDistortionIndeed you have, have you seen your 2 cents as effective on anyones opinions or do you think it was a waste of time? Don't think im some vicious monster out to shoot down anyone with a different opinoin than me. I guess i could call it a good debate :confused: Anyways, I see most of this as wasted time and effort because you are stubborn and I am stubborn, its like 2 500 pound men playing tug of war.

I don't consider it wasted or put to good use. It was a debate and debates are always going back and forth. Over all, I'm really not worried about it, I just kept going because it involved something that interests me therefore my opinion applied. I put my two cents in on the rap debate, but stopped posting for 2 reasons.
1) I was proven wrong in every way possible
2) I don't listen to rap, so what do I know about it that's worth contributing?
I listen to death metal and know the style well, so I can honestly put my thoughts in and make something of it. But if your worried about wasting time in a debate then steer clear because everyone's putting the same amount into it and it all goes to the same place... Opinions. And no matter how a debate goes, people still leave with their own opinions. Ah, but hell, a good debate is always fun is it not?

Hulk Smash!!

Whatever you do, don't eat limes. A friend of mine ate a lime once and BAM!! Two years later. Herpes.
# 5
GuitarPsy
Full Access
GuitarPsy
Full Access
06/17/2005 12:23 pm
*crashes in*

hate to dissapoint you Soul but I agree with everything Cryptic or PonyOne said, and I haven't seen one good argument from your side, mostly opinions, while it appeared to me that you judge on wrong information or experience with the genre (metal, with a singer who happends to growl, in this case)

and before you begin judging me about being a deathmetalfan, I enjoy any kind of music, from rock to rap to deathmetal and from shakira to the soundtrack of star wars

*crashes out*? :p
= good music is good drinking =
# 6
SoulDistortion
SoulDistortion
06/18/2005 12:52 pm
Originally Posted by: Cryptic ExcretionsI don't consider it wasted or put to good use. It was a debate and debates are always going back and forth. Over all, I'm really not worried about it, I just kept going because it involved something that interests me therefore my opinion applied. I put my two cents in on the rap debate, but stopped posting for 2 reasons.
1) I was proven wrong in every way possible
2) I don't listen to rap, so what do I know about it that's worth contributing?
I listen to death metal and know the style well, so I can honestly put my thoughts in and make something of it. But if your worried about wasting time in a debate then steer clear because everyone's putting the same amount into it and it all goes to the same place... Opinions. And no matter how a debate goes, people still leave with their own opinions. Ah, but hell, a good debate is always fun is it not?

Yes i guess so but i felt like i was running uphill because this thread is basically only attracting deathmetal fans in here. I basically got gangbanged by everyone and i will say that no one got anywhere with anything, i still have my opinion you still have yours.
---iiholly
---6strngs_2hmbkrs
---iiholly
---6strngs_2hmbkrs
---Akira
# 7
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
06/18/2005 1:33 pm
Originally Posted by: SoulDistortionYes i guess so but i felt like i was running uphill because this thread is basically only attracting deathmetal fans in here. I basically got gangbanged by everyone and i will say that no one got anywhere with anything, i still have my opinion you still have yours.

You didn't attract just death metal fans. Most of the people that posted hardly even listen to death metal. At least from what I read. You mostly just attracted people that understand what goes into that type of music.

Hulk Smash!!

# 8
SoulDistortion
SoulDistortion
07/08/2005 7:50 am
[FONT=Courier New]@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@8@@@@
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@8@898o99@
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@8@@8@9C8C8@8
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@888OOC{@@@@
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@88CcOC9@@@@
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@9[99@@@@@@
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@9:;o@@@@@@@
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@9;;o@@@@@@@@
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@8@@O;|{@@@@@@@@@
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@9;;;@@@@@@@@@@
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@9|;;@@@@@@@@@@@
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@9;:|@@@@@@@@@@@@
@@@@@@@@8@@@@@@@@@@@@8;::@@@@@@@@@@@@@
@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@8|:;O@@@@@@@@@@@@@
@@@@@@@@@@@O|.|@@@88|:;C@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
@@@@@@@@@@c_..@8@8@;;|c@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
@@@@@@@@@@|...@@@@||;c@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
@@@@@@@@@@:._..8{;|||@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
@@@@@@@@@@_...C8;|;;@@@8@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
@@@@@@@@@o...;@o;;;@@9c|:Cc_[|:CO9OC9@
@@@@@@@@|...|8@889@|C{:C8._:::_::.__C@
@@@@@c:....C88@@@8@@@@@C;;:;;;;:;;::[@
@@8|.._..[@9@@889@@8@C_[|||{[[||;|[_o@
@[;:;...:@@O8898@8@@c;_{{C9Cc[||[||:C@
8;:;:;._.|[o9@O@8@9@o::;;|||||[[[|[:o@
@[;;:;:_.[cCooo8@9@8o:.;;|||||[|[[[:o@
@@|;;|_:::._:;__;@@@c_::;|||||||[[[;o@
@@@8:;;::_:_:_::__@@o..._:__::::;;;:c8
@@@@@@o;:::::::::_:c@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
@@@@@@@@@89o[||[{8@8@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@[/FONT]

In spite of the difference of opinions I made this in a tribute to all music that uses the guitar as a crutial instrament.
---iiholly
---6strngs_2hmbkrs
---iiholly
---6strngs_2hmbkrs
---Akira
# 9
Katoomba
Katoomba
07/08/2005 10:57 pm
I really don't like this genre of music but have been lucky enough to come across some of it where the screaming has been removed or recorded without the screaming. A lot of the backing music is very, very good but to my ear it is ruined by the screaming.
# 10

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.