View post (SCREAMO music)

View thread

SoulDistortion
SoulDistortion
06/12/2005 1:41 am
Originally Posted by: Cryptic Excretionswww.metal-archives.com has 9144 death metal bands alone registered in their databse. There are also more bands registered in the death metal category than there are in any other individual genre. The second closest is black metal with 7891.

It seems to me you are attempting to say this "WELL LOOK man! death metal is popular, everyone likes it" Well excuse me but look at rap today, everyone likes it, does that mean its good music? of course not, you are being nieve by using that as an example.

You don't have to understand lyrics to understand the music, so what's it matter? Is someone else's verbal translation of music really that important to you? And some of the bands have really stupid lyrics so it's not always a bad thing that you can't understand them.

If I dont understand the lyrics than is their even ANY POINT in writiting words to a song?! no the point of lyrics is defeated and lyrics are a LARGE portion of a songs meaning. Sometimes lyrics are they only thing that keeps a band afloat. If you think that lyrics aren't important you obviously havent done your homework.

So if I was to make a song that I felt was perfect in its final form and I was 100% happy with what I'd done, but it because I growled I'm wasting my time and talent? Despite the fact that I'm still able to talk to my friends right after I growl.

I'm not exactly sure what you are trying to convey here but it seems to me you are running out of points against me. If I havent come up with at least 1 point to show you how Bad this genre of music is then you need to open yourself to my opinion more. I can't really open myself to your opinion because I just cant, no matter how hard I try, discover why you are arguing this point.

Let's single that out. "ACTUALLY SINGING LIKE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO". Beg your pardon, but I don't think it's in the constitution that people have to sing instead of growl. And I think we've already been over the rap thing, so spare us that one and leave it out.

What came first, singing or growling? (singing) What sounds better? (singing) What takes more time to perfect? (singing) What is understandable? (singing) What can contain variety and allow the singer to insert his own personallity into the words he speaks? (singing) If there was a constitution of music then yes it certainly would include Rule #1. You must at least make an attempt to sing, if you can not sing then do not give up and start doing godzilla impressions, keep practicing you may get it some day.

I appologize if I have offended you in someway, I have presendted you with my hardcore opinion as well as HARDCORE FACTS. If you have to make a response to defend ANYTHING MORE on this matter than you obviously do not have the ability to LEARN. :rolleyes:
---iiholly
My friend died rock climbing on Saturday. He was drunk though... and he didn't normally rock climb. [...] I'm not too good with death.
---6strngs_2hmbkrs
I hesitate to take a post from iiholly seriously...
---iiholly
Well, Mike dying is pretty serious to me. I couldn't have stopped it, I wasn't there.
---6strngs_2hmbkrs
sorry, ok, i thought it might have been a joke, I'm terribly sorry
---Akira
This thread has turned out well.