View post (SCREAMO music)

View thread

Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
06/11/2005 4:46 pm
Originally Posted by: SoulDistortion
Doing breathing exercise to practice screaming takes endurance but lets be real, does it really bring joy to your ears to hear somone sing like they are going to cough up their own lung?[/QUOTE]
www.metal-archives.com has 9144 death metal bands alone registered in their databse. There are also more bands registered in the death metal category than there are in any other individual genre. The second closest is black metal with 7891.

Originally Posted by: SoulDistortion
How can you get the meaning of the song in the lyrics if you want even understand it?[/QUOTE]
You don't have to understand lyrics to understand the music, so what's it matter? Is someone else's verbal translation of music really that important to you? And some of the bands have really stupid lyrics so it's not always a bad thing that you can't understand them.

[QUOTE=SoulDistortion]
Its such a waste because these screamo bands have such good guitar and riffs and it is horribly tainted by this SCREAMING, its like pouring red whine on beatiful white carpet.

So if I was to make a song that I felt was perfect in its final form and I was 100% happy with what I'd done, but it because I growled I'm wasting my time and talent? Despite the fact that I'm still able to talk to my friends right after I growl.

[QUOTE=SoulDistortion]
Why do breathing exercises to practice screaming when you can practice ACTUALLY SINGING LIKE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO. I respect everyones opinion but to me it screamo is the STUPIDEST genre of music since rap.

Let's single that out. "ACTUALLY SINGING LIKE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO". Beg your pardon, but I don't think it's in the constitution that people have to sing instead of growl. And I think we've already been over the rap thing, so spare us that one and leave it out.
The Gods Made Heavy Metal, And They Saw That It Was Good
They Said To Play It Louder Than Hell, We Promised That We Would

Hulk Smash!!

Whatever you do, don't eat limes. A friend of mine ate a lime once and BAM!! Two years later. Herpes.