View post (SCREAMO music)

View thread

SoulDistortion
SoulDistortion
06/11/2005 1:48 am
Originally Posted by: CW14Why does it bother you what other people listen to? Their musical preference is just as valid as yours.
You may not like it, but they are not untalented.

I'm not saying I like that stuff though...

It bothers me for the same reason that it may bother you when somone listens to britney spears. I mean you and I both know that that music goes through so much digital processing and correction that the final product is completley different than what was originally produced.

Doing breathing exercise to practice screaming takes endurance but lets be real, does it really bring joy to your ears to hear somone sing like they are going to cough up their own lung? To me it is very tasteless and talentless. How can you get the meaning of the song in the lyrics if you want even understand it? And the video that I posted may not be screamo but they still scream and growl in the song just like screamo does. Point being that even though screaming in a song and calling it words may take practice, its a waste of talent. Its such a waste because these screamo bands have such good guitar and riffs and it is horribly tainted by this SCREAMING, its like pouring red whine on beatiful white carpet. Why do breathing exercises to practice screaming when you can practice ACTUALLY SINGING LIKE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO. I respect everyones opinion but to me it screamo is the STUPIDEST genre of music since rap.

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/flash/growl.html

"CLEAR YIR THROAT FOR VS 2!!!" LOL!!! :p
---iiholly
My friend died rock climbing on Saturday. He was drunk though... and he didn't normally rock climb. [...] I'm not too good with death.
---6strngs_2hmbkrs
I hesitate to take a post from iiholly seriously...
---iiholly
Well, Mike dying is pretty serious to me. I couldn't have stopped it, I wasn't there.
---6strngs_2hmbkrs
sorry, ok, i thought it might have been a joke, I'm terribly sorry
---Akira
This thread has turned out well.