View post (SCREAMO music)

View thread

Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
06/10/2005 4:12 pm
Also hate to argue, but to say that a screamer isn't talented is like saying a painter that uses water color isn't talented. It's what you do with what you have and yes there is a skill to singing, screaming and growling. To be able to continually do such a strenous style on your vocal chords without causing severe damage takes a lot of breathing exercises and practice. It can take a lot out of you to keep doing so, so imagine the live performances where they have to perform song after song like that. It's not always easy and takes as much dedication as any other craft. That being said, I don't like as I lay dying.

Editor's note: I hadn't initially seen the video when I posted this. This is after I watched it and that music is so completely far away from screamo dude. In my opinion, that music grabs screamo by the balls and rips them right off... and in some cases even eats them and/or the person they were originally attached to. That being said, I'd be lying if I didn't laugh my ass off at the video. Generalized, but who cares. Funny concept. Or maybe I liked it because I liked the song... who knows. I approve.
The Gods Made Heavy Metal, And They Saw That It Was Good
They Said To Play It Louder Than Hell, We Promised That We Would

Hulk Smash!!

Whatever you do, don't eat limes. A friend of mine ate a lime once and BAM!! Two years later. Herpes.