View post (sound crisis for big battle, need advice)

View thread

sixstringshredda
sixstringshredda
04/22/2001 5:59 am
Hey everyone.

Im the lead guitarist for a pretty decent rock/ metal band named EffervescenT. We're very good but our equipment prohibits our talent to be heard. Id like to tell you the availible equipment we have and hope to get some advice on how to get the best sounds possible.

1. The Battle of the Bands that we are in will be held in a gymnasium; EQ settings and volume setting would be helpful to us since we're not used to the acoustics of such a venue.

2. My guitar goes through a peavy 112 bandit, 80 watts, 100 8OHMS. I run a cord from the external speaker jack to an 100watt PA speaker. My guitar (IBANEZ RG570) goes through a korg AX1000G

3. The rhythem guitarist goes through a Crate amp, which houses 2x12's (100 watts, 1258OHMS). For some reason his external speaker jack doesnt work properly therefore he cant go stereo. His guitar (an IBANEZ RG) goes through a Digitech RP3.

4. The bassist goes through three different amps, a 30 watt RMS amp (which acts as a pre-amp) to a hartke 40 watt amp (which goes to) a 100watt PA speaker. His Hondo bass goes through a Zoom 505 guitar pedal.

5. The vocals; our vocal PA consists of 4 speakers (WE HAVE NO STANDS); 2 60 watt KUSTOM, and two 125watt speaks. The actual system itself is a Kustom 4-channel PA. The lead singer's mic (shure) goes through a DOD votech pedal, and my mic (shure) is going direct.

6. As for drums, we dont mic the drums, but our drummer has a DW set with a crash and ride cymbals. The only thing I'd like help with on the drums is perhaps how to arrange the various speakers and amps around them so they don't drown out the sound.

Thanks to all who reply...
We need to sound great at this show
the prettiest white daisies
soaking up the red...
she always loved daisies;
but they look more like roses now...