View post (eBay Snipers)

View thread

Axl_Rose
Axl_Rose
06/08/2005 12:33 pm
Im sorry but your just plain wrong.

Impluse buying, thats where the big bucks are spent, and people are more likely to impulse buy on an item that appears to be cheap that ends soon as opposed to an item already at a fair price with the same amount of time to go.

Idf I put a starting bid of 1250 on something i think will go for 1500, then only 10 people might watch the auction. But If I put it as a 0.99p start then 70 or 80 normally watch. So when people keep the bid low by putting stupidly low bids on the items then you get 70 odd people watching.

Another great example of how sniper bidding costs you more is tour tickets. I use them as an example because theres always multiples of them and they are all essentially identical.
What I do is bid one set up high, with my two accounts :p , to perhaps £60. Then for 10 days the tickets stay at 60 quid which everyone else watches the stupid aucitons where they are only at about £3.00 or something!! My auction ends and I get them for 60 while all the people watching the 3 quid ones suddenly have to pay way more once all the dumbass snipers come in.