View post (What home setup fdo you use?)

View thread

tehplatypus
tehplatypus
06/07/2005 10:36 pm
Originally Posted by: Dr_simonExcept...the faders are not automated, the mix is !!!!

Like I said earlier on the D16XD the faders are not servo controlled. The automated mix works by playing back a sequence of scenes, just like the D1200 and the D1600. You will need to spend another grand if you want flying faders !

Go to this page and click "Automation & Navigation".

It says:
"Automation & Navigation

The mixer section of the D16XD can store 100 different mixer “scenes” and recall them automatically during playback. The TouchView screen can display the settings of each mixer scene. Locate points – six in all – are used to define edit points and loop points. An additional 100 “Marks” can be used to auto-locate back to any point in a song. You can even name each of the Marks to help remind you what part of your song they are pointing to. "

as opposed to the D32XD which says:

"Automation & Navigation

To accommodate 32 channels of playback using 16 faders, the D32XD employs dynamic automation to record and playback all of your fader moves. Motorized “flying” faders on the D32XD will replay all the fader moves as the song plays – you’ll actually see the faders move! The mixer sections of the D32XD can store 100 different mixer “scenes” and recall them automatically during playback. The TouchView screen can display the settings of each mixer scene. Locate points – six in all – are used to define edit points and loop points. An additional 100 “Marks” can be used to auto-locate back to any point in a song. You can even name each of the Marks to help remind you what part of your song they are pointing to. "

oh, i misread what you said before, i'm sorry. so the faders aren't flying...but they do read your movements and i guess that means you also have to punch in when you want to do automation?
okay...my post is done...goodbye.