Went to a Concert Last Night

x0o_BurnOut_o0x
x0o_BurnOut_o0x
06/04/2005 4:08 pm
Alright, im not particularly a big fan of country, I like it, but not a fanatic, like I am about rock. Well last night i got box seats at a Rascal Flatts concert. It was AMAZING. I have soo much respect for country now, thats how great the show was. I realized that CD's are rele like a 2D drawing of a building. It gives you a general idea but you dont rele see the beauty until its standing right infront of you. CDs can not convey the emotion in the music as well as live playing.The guitar licks were amazing, it made me want to cry because they were just so filled with emotion and done so perfectly. Not only the guitar, but all the instruments, including the fiddle, piano,mandolin,bass, and drums were all so beautiful sounding. To tell you the truth, I walked out of the stadium wanting to learn the fiddle and the piano, on top of me wanting to learn how to play bass and drums. It was my first concert and I was just so entranced by the way the music was played the entire time. I can only imagine what a rock concert would be like..... ugh now i rele understand that music of any style is important and just as beautiful, even if its not your type. Im going to try to go to more concerts now.....
We've been dancin' with Mr. Brownstone...
# 1
Renisenb
Renisenb
06/04/2005 4:25 pm
That's pretty neat.
I'm mostly into rock too, but I listened to a little bluegrass, country, and Irish music when I first began fiddle, just so I could learn the solos by listening to them... and I found a real appreciation for it.

I think the most influential stuff I ever heard was Appalachia Waltz (a collaberation of Yo Yo Ma's awesome cello talent and Mark O'Connor's fiddling, and Edgar Meyer on bass) and Appalachian Journey also by the latter. It's acoustic music at it's best IMO. That mix of classical and roots music on such good instruments played by people with so much talent is simply amazing. To this day my favorite songs to play are the ones I listened to and learned off their CD's.

I find myself wanting to learn all kinds of instruments when I hear them too... only I don't have to just hear them live. It is a terrible disorder, really, because it makes one want so many instruments that one can't afford! But oh well...
# 2
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
06/04/2005 4:48 pm
Originally Posted by: x0o_BurnOut_o0xI realized that CD's are rele like a 2D drawing of a building. It gives you a general idea but you dont rele see the beauty until its standing right infront of you. CDs can not convey the emotion in the music as well as live playing.

I can actually only think of one band that I'd say the CDs have as much energy as your average live band: Webb Wilder. Absolutely INCREDIBLE live, but the CDs are full of the same vigor and energy as the show gives out.
I want the bomb
I want the P-funk!

My band is better than yours...
# 3
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
06/04/2005 11:18 pm
[font=trebuchet ms]The band I sometimes jam with is opening for another band's CD release party this evening. All of them are really good players, and the venue has one of the best sound systems in town. I'm so looking forward to some great music![/font] :D
Lordathestrings
Guitar Tricks Moderator

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 4

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.