Schecter C1 Blackjack

magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator
magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator
04/21/2006 5:07 pm
Hey!!! Don't go knockin' Dimebuckers Eric. It works nicely for me in my Betsy. :)
Magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator

"If it feels right, play it. If it feels wrong, play it faster” - Magicninja
www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 1
PRSplaya
Full Access
PRSplaya
Full Access
04/22/2006 9:20 pm
You haven't been playing for 30 years either ha ha. Different strokes for different folks. I'm not saying they're bad pickups or anything... I just figured someone with his apparent experience and musical maturity would be using something other than a super high gain pickup. I guess that's what I get for assuming things. I apologize if I came off as arrogent and with a bad attitude. That wasn't my intention.
[FONT=Palatino Linotype]Tonja Renee's personal instructor[/FONT]

>HERE'S WHERE I AM NOW<
# 2
magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator
magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator
04/22/2006 9:59 pm
I know I'm just givin' you hell. To be real honest I use my Invader more than the Dimebucker but when I need that little extra the Dimebucker delivers. :D
Magicninja
Guitar Tricks Moderator

"If it feels right, play it. If it feels wrong, play it faster” - Magicninja
www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 3
jcotter13
jcotter13
08/04/2009 11:04 pm
I recently purchsed a Blackjack & absolutely love it.Mine was used & had already had a cutom fret job as well as replacing the tone pot with a 500k pot. I've played tons of guitars over the years, & this is a fine piece for the price. I love it so much that I'm actually itching to get myself a Floyd Rose blackjack.
# 4
lownslow
lownslow
08/24/2010 2:42 am
I ended up with a C1 Blackjack for $10 -
It has some play wear and cosmetically isn't perfect, but it's a player.

I have a nice SG and a MIM Tele as well and the Schecter gets a lot of play.
For the money these are the best entry level guitar IMO. The JB can be a little harsh but that's an easy fix.

Just like any other guitar, some are good, some are less than good, and most all still need a good setup before they'll play the way you would expect.
# 5
William Wolfe
William Wolfe
12/04/2010 4:21 pm
I have a Schecter Diamond Series 7-string. I am quite partial to 7-string guitars. On the pro side, it's got a big neck and, with a black body, looks cool. The pickup sounds hot. Affordable, at 8,000 baht (around $250 USD).

On the con side, the big neck slows me down a little bit, and my fingers don't fly as fast as my Aria Mac-series 7-string, with a smaller neck. Also the oddly-protruding top horn has made it impossible thus far for me to find a suitable hardcase.

Overall though, I give the Schecter Diamond Series 7-string a thumbs up.
# 6
Jake Boyce
Jake Boyce
12/09/2010 6:37 am
I'm quite partial to 7's as well. I have a Schecter Loomis C-7 and I've always been in love with it, but after reading Dark's post about the non-existent sustain I realized that I'm getting very little sustain out of my guitar. BUT that's the only downfall. It plays smoothly and has great tones.

I've always wanted to try an ESP though. Unfortunately, there aren't any retailers in my area that carry ESPs. Just LTDs.
# 7
stymye
stymye
12/18/2010 2:01 am
don't worry... If you get an ESP(not LTD) you won't be dissapointed. I have an ESP Vintage plus strat that destroys any current high end Fender Strat.

I also have a ESP M-1 (ntb) that is amazing ..I would put it against any Jackson,Schector,Ibanez..ect..again... custom shop quality.

of course you will pay for that quality, so if you are just starting out it's not worth the money,,your best off in the $600 range like schector but try it before you buy it,, if possible.

If there is ANYTHING wrong with a new ESP they will fix it , no questions asked.
# 8

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.