Synth guitar!

Andrew Sa
Andrew Sa
05/25/2005 1:20 pm
I am wanting to buy a guitar with synth access, I am looking very careffully at the godin Lgx-sa. It seems great, and has an ebony fretboard...which I love.
Does anyone know of any reason not to buy this guitar? or any suggestions for another good synth guitar to try out.I have tried a Roland Ready strat, and it sucks compared to the Godin. Maybe some Brian Moores"?

also, the Godin has a piezo system, so it will have electric,acoustic and synth capabilities...well?
[FONT=Century Gothic]Hope is when we feel the pain that makes us try again[/FONT]
# 1
Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
05/25/2005 2:57 pm
Just curious but why do you think the Roland sucks compared to the other one?
# 2
Andrew Sa
Andrew Sa
05/25/2005 5:22 pm
Well, its not to do with the tracking or any of the synth-related electronics...I guess it boils down to the fact that the Roland Ready Strat is a Mex Strat with a Gk pickup, and the Lgxsa is an Lg with a GK pickup...and I prefer the LG to a mex strat>...I think that is it.

I am also a big fan of mahogany guitars, which the lgxsa is, it has a beautiful flamed maple top and an ebony fretboard(on which I am particularly keen.)

The main difference is the ebony fretboard and the mahog body. I think that is why...The Lgxsa also has piezo saddles and Seymour Duncan pickups...
[FONT=Century Gothic]Hope is when we feel the pain that makes us try again[/FONT]
# 3
Andrew Sa
Andrew Sa
05/26/2005 10:07 pm
Does no one have any opinions on anything anymore?
# 4
Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
05/26/2005 10:21 pm
[FONT=Comic Sans MS]I LOVE CHEESE!!!![/FONT]
# 5
Andrew Sa
Andrew Sa
05/26/2005 10:45 pm
Fantastic! what cheese is your fav? I am a big blue cheese fan...I also quite like Dutch Edam and Emmentale...ummm...quite a camembert fan and also brie...in fact,oooh, baby gouda is also great...I guess I just love all cheese!
# 6
Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Kevin Taylor
Guitar Tricks Instructor
05/26/2005 11:58 pm
blech.. blue cheese. Stinky feet cheese.
I can only stand that with hot chicken wings and celery sticks.

I'm more into the normal stuff. Medium cheddar, cheshire, parmesan, mozzarella... that stuff that comes in those big red balls of plastic. You gotta be creative tho.
Cheddar cheese sandwich with branston pickle.
Grilled Cheese sandwich with ketchup
Welsh Rarebit
Cheese melted on toast with spaghetti sauce
Pieces of cheese with slices of cucumber, mustard and crusty bread
Melted cheese on pita bread with pizza sauce, pepperoni, green pepper & pineapple..

mmm .... cheese.
# 7
Andrew Sa
Andrew Sa
05/27/2005 10:59 am
the absolue best is a toasted blue cheese and fig jam(tiny bit) sanwich...that just rocks a whole whole lot!

Parmesan on Spaghetti bolognaise is also amazing...Ohh cheese is good, that cheese that is wrapped in a red wax ball is baby gouda generally...that is good!
# 8
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
05/28/2005 1:53 am
I'm very particular about cheese... in a very weird way. For example, I love cheesy bread and pizza would suck without cheese. If I get a burger from, say, Wendy's or Mcdonald's then it's got to have cheese or I'll barf it up because it tastes like crap, but a homemade burger, no cheese or I'll do just the same. Cheese sticks can take a hike, blue cheese can be properly place in the trash with the rest of the molding foods I found in my fridge, I'll take ranch with my wings and celery any day. I'm not a connoiseur with cheese though. I'll take pepperjack, swiss, american and maybe colbe if used in the right scenario, but beyond that... no thanks. Tell you what I do like though. Potatoes. I haven't met a potato I didn't like. Let the record show that sweet potatoes aren't potatoes. They're yams thus they do not fit under the "I haven't met a potato I didn't like" umbrella because yams taste way too close to poop for my liking. But baked potatos, fries, potato chips, mashed potatoes, smashed potatoes, scalloped potatoes. Hell, Mr. Potato Head. I actually have lyrics laying around somewhere around here based on potatoes. I found them a while ago. Wrote them back in highschool, I did.
The Gods Made Heavy Metal, And They Saw That It Was Good
They Said To Play It Louder Than Hell, We Promised That We Would

Hulk Smash!!

Whatever you do, don't eat limes. A friend of mine ate a lime once and BAM!! Two years later. Herpes.
# 9
Andrew Sa
Andrew Sa
05/28/2005 9:23 am
HOw right you are...Potatoes rock...chips, crisps, baked, mashed...even potato salad...****, I never realised how much I love potatos.Thanks for teaching me about myself.
# 10

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.