View post (Anyone seen this Film?)

View thread

Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
05/24/2005 6:18 pm
Originally Posted by: Axl_RoseI watched the first 10 mins of Fahrenheit 911, and Ill watch the rest tonight.

Just wondered if anyone has seen it and what they think? Should it be taken with a pinch of salt or is it actually pretty accurate?

Moore takes very significant liberties with the truth -- you really have to bear that in mind when viewing or reading his work. I'd go into it further, but somebody else has already done a much better job than I could hope to:

To describe this film as dishonest and demagogic would almost be to promote those terms to the level of respectability. To describe this film as a piece of crap would be to run the risk of a discourse that would never again rise above the excremental. To describe it as an exercise in facile crowd-pleasing would be too obvious. Fahrenheit 9/11 is a sinister exercise in moral frivolity, crudely disguised as an exercise in seriousness. It is also a spectacle of abject political cowardice masking itself as a demonstration of "dissenting" bravery.

Full Article

One should also bear in mind that this guy took a break from writing articles about how much Reagan sucked to write that review.
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator

Careful what you wish for friend
I've been to Hell and now I'm back again

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons