View post (Hey guys, haven't been here in a while.)

View thread

Incidents Happen
Incidents Happen
05/22/2005 4:40 pm
Pony, there are a few books you should check out if you're getting into classical/flamenco. Pumping Nylon is considered the "classical guitar technique bible", and will help immensely. I'm going through this other book called 100 Graded Classical Guitar Studies by Frederick Noad, that will teach you Sor's studies, some Guiliani, and a few other composers works. It also helps if you can read music and sight-read. I can read music, but my sight-reading ability is still ****ty; I've been working on it for two hours a day for a while though, and I can see huge improvements already. That's the important thing, really. If you can sight-read all the music given to you instead of try to figure out which note is which, you'll be able to focus on improving the articulations in the piece.
If you're into jazz at all, check out Jamey Aebersold's Play-A-Long series ( www.aebersold.com ), those cds are worth their weight in gold, let me tell you.

Anybody here check out E3? I missed it, but I heard that all of the systems are going to kick ass (Playstation 3, Xbox360, Nintendo Revolution). I just read this story that they are re-making Final Fantasy 7 for Playstation 3. Sweeeeet!

~Incidents