I love my job!!

crazywolf
Samson
crazywolf
Samson
05/20/2005 8:24 pm
It is amazing. I get paid $10 an hour, under the table, to walk around with heavy machinery and get the sickest famers tan of all time aka mowing lawns. I work any where from 6 to 12 hours a day, and have worked two 12 hour days in the past 2 weeks, that's $120 per day. It is so great to finaly be getting paid after having no money comming in all winter, but still having bills to pay.

And its not like I don't get to have a life. I only work 4 days a week, and 2 of the days I only work like 7 to 9 hours, but the other two days are amazing. I would love to work a 15 hour day, just to see what happens. It is a little tricky to make time to play guitar and hang out with friends....but nothing beats the feeling of being completely worn out after a 12 hour day of manual labor and knowing you have a phat check waiting for you at the end of the week.
1 Peter 2:16
# 1
Andrew Sa
Andrew Sa
05/20/2005 9:00 pm
I(briefly) had the greatest job in the world, I resigned on Wednesday, but i was a sales demonstrator at a really big guitar store in London...It was an awesome job and i really loved it lots, but I would only have been paid at the end of June and thereafter one month in arrears...I also would only have gotten a discount after three months work, and I plan to go back home in 7months, so it really wasnt worth while as it paid very badly...I could see from the guys that worked there with me, that they didnt enjoy the job, and so I saw the only reasonable thing to do was to resign...I couldnt risk not liking guitars anymore...that'd suck.
I am now unemployed, but looking hard for anywork as I want to buy two more guitars before I go home...also wanna get a Pod Xt live and some synth-drum pads, maybe a desktop groove box synth as well...looking to start an industrial project back home.
[FONT=Century Gothic]Hope is when we feel the pain that makes us try again[/FONT]
# 2
mc9mm
Guitar Tricks Instructor
mc9mm
Guitar Tricks Instructor
05/21/2005 11:06 am
I get $15 an hour to play with lego and crayons. I'm not complaining.
# 3
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
05/21/2005 8:28 pm
Yeah.. well I get paid way less than all of you to sit in front of a computer and decay. So ha and regarding the legos and crayons.. do explain. I think I could be good with that, but off hand I'm guessing it has somethign to do with kids in which case I don't think I could do that. Kids give me the creeps.
The Gods Made Heavy Metal, And They Saw That It Was Good
They Said To Play It Louder Than Hell, We Promised That We Would

Hulk Smash!!

Whatever you do, don't eat limes. A friend of mine ate a lime once and BAM!! Two years later. Herpes.
# 4
dannyperez
dannyperez
05/23/2005 12:34 am
you all are lucky im trying to start a busness but knmowone wants to buy a comeputer from a 14 year old!!!!!! its a pain really....i bulit my computer in 3 hours form scrch !!!!!(amd 64 3400+ proc water cooling) i even put a damned pic of it on the flyers and stuff i give out (ask for one ill send it to ya ) yeah i dont have any cash for a tv advertise ment or anyhting..but im trying!!! lol im worth less and whats weith the crayons?
# 5
crazywolf
Samson
crazywolf
Samson
05/24/2005 3:57 am
Originally Posted by: mc9mmI get $15 an hour to play with lego and crayons. I'm not complaining.

If I could only stay in the lines...
1 Peter 2:16
# 6
mc9mm
Guitar Tricks Instructor
mc9mm
Guitar Tricks Instructor
05/24/2005 9:29 pm
I'm a toy safety controller at Hasbro Entertainment. Basically I play
with toys all day to find any potential risks and dangers with them.
I also evaluate prototype toys for entertainment value. Every new toy idea
has to be screened before it can be thoroughly tested by children.
I am involved in that screening, dealing mostly with new toy guns and RC cars.

The hours are tough, but it's a fun job!
# 7
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
05/24/2005 9:48 pm
Originally Posted by: mc9mmI'm a toy safety controller at Hasbro Entertainment. Basically I play
with toys all day to find any potential risks and dangers with them.
I also evaluate prototype toys for entertainment value. Every new toy idea
has to be screened before it can be thoroughly tested by children.
I am involved in that screening, dealing mostly with new toy guns and RC cars.

The hours are tough, but it's a fun job!

Holy ****, I want your job. They hiring? What kind of background do you have to have?
The Gods Made Heavy Metal, And They Saw That It Was Good
They Said To Play It Louder Than Hell, We Promised That We Would

Hulk Smash!!

Whatever you do, don't eat limes. A friend of mine ate a lime once and BAM!! Two years later. Herpes.
# 8
mc9mm
Guitar Tricks Instructor
mc9mm
Guitar Tricks Instructor
05/25/2005 5:55 pm
Just yankin' your chain there matey. I work at a daycare center!
But yes, that would be a cool job.
# 9

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.