why cant i find musically serious people?

john costa
john costa
04/16/2001 8:44 pm
hi,
i live on the west coast of florida around sarasota in a town called venice
so far, the bassist is the only one serious!
i have yet to find a drummer i can even get my hands on!
i have 3 friends that play drums, one just wants to fish all day, one doesnt really even play anymore , and as for the other- i cant gat in touch with him!

so heres where the advice part comes in
should i look into playing with older guys that are more serious?
im 14 and have been playin for a good year and have been told by prople that i have progressed fast and still am. i want to learn more by playing with people but no one wants to play. please say a prayer for me that someone will fall upon me.:D
louder really is better.....
# 1
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
04/17/2001 1:18 am
Well, you have to be patient. My advice is to try and find places where musicians socialize... which isn't easy at 14, but here's one idea: if you get lessons ask your teacher. I know a guy that referres students to all kinds of people to jam with, or for serious projects. Your teacher (if of course you have one) probably knows all kinds of people your age with your interests who're looking for a band. So that's one place to start. Finally, I've always been a bit more comfortable playing with musicians my own age, but hey, we're all different.
Well, goodluck.
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator

Careful what you wish for friend
I've been to Hell and now I'm back again

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 2
zepo
zepo
04/22/2001 2:27 am
Hey I have a similar problem in the middle of the sunshine state only me the bassist and the singer are devoted the drummer and other guitarist are too busy smokin' while we're practicing. The way I found every body was by putting ads in the local paper and guitar shops.
"I need a girl who's as hot as my guitar."
# 3
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator
04/22/2001 4:47 pm
Sounds to me like you aught to put some more adds...
A solid drummer is absolutely crucial to a good band.

How I finally got my band going was that my drummer is also my little brother, and the guitarist was a friend of a friend. Things seem to be working out pretty well amongst the three of us, the big problem is finding places to play.

Oh, and that our web service is shutting down May 1st. I guess I'm just going to have to buy a domain name and pay for service or something.
Raskolnikov
Guitar Tricks Moderator

Careful what you wish for friend
I've been to Hell and now I'm back again

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 4
sixstringshredda
sixstringshredda
04/22/2001 6:07 pm
keep in mind the band isn't going to amount to anything if everyone isnt 100% devoted. My band has gone through 5 bassists and 2 drummers, right now we're ok. Remeber you can always replace a bassist or a singer, but solid drummers are hard to find, especially if you write originals. Everybody has to have good chemistry as well. You are ALWAYS friends before bandmates; it shouldnt be a chore for anyone...
the prettiest white daisies
soaking up the red...
she always loved daisies;
but they look more like roses now...
# 5

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.