Anyone familiar with Brian Moore Guitars?

Silimtao
Silimtao
04/30/2005 3:22 am
Hi all. I just won a bid on a Brian Moore i91 (purple, looks more like red) from ebay for $285. This is the guitar from the Brian Moore site: http://www.brianmooreguitars.com/i1000/i1000Models.asp?guitar=i91&Color=PR

It's supposed to be new in box and the seller had a %100 rating. It was an impulse buy. I've only touched a Brian Moore guitar once, and it felt pretty good, but it was one of the higher end models. All I could think of after submitting my maximum bid was, "DOH!" cuz I've never played this particular model. So, anyone have this guitar? How is it with the stock pickups? Likes, dislikes? Just want to know what to expect when it arrives Monday, according to UPS tracking. Worse come to worse, I know I can re-sell it, probably for a profit, but that's not why I buy guitars. Thanks in advance!
On a different note, I have to change my sig at bottom. I won a new, mint Ibanez RG320 with a Floyd for $200. Had a professional setup-took the guy 3 1/2 hrs. and cost me $100- well worth it. I've never had a guitar with such incredible intonation, and, after 3 months a string or 2 may be slightly out of tune by a microtone. I have to say this is one AMAZING guitar and I'm really happy with it. Even though I'm not a shredder, this thing just makes me want to crank up the distortion and wail away.
Silimtao-The Way of the Little Idea

I want to die peacefully like my grandfather. Unlike the other passengers in the car, screaming and crying. (unknown)
# 1
Andrew Sa
Andrew Sa
04/30/2005 2:03 pm
I have played, but not owned this model.
I just love Brian Moore guitars, I say you got an awesome deal man...and yea, if you dont like it you probably could sell it at a profit...I know if I lived in the states, I would buy it from you.

Hope you love it dude
[FONT=Century Gothic]Hope is when we feel the pain that makes us try again[/FONT]
# 2
Silimtao
Silimtao
04/30/2005 3:50 pm
Thanks for the input, Andrew. Yeah, I did get a great bargain. I set my maximum bid at $300, not realy expecting to win the bid. This guitar still goes for $695 new. I think I got a real bargain for the Ibanez also- $200 and it's MINT. The pickups are kinda weak, as all Ibanez guitars seem to be. Thanks again. I'll let ya know what I think after I get it. I'm so used to the Ibanez now, it's hard for me to play any of my other guitars.

I want to die peacefully like my grandfather. Unlike the other passengers in the car, screaming and crying. (unknown)
# 3
Silimtao
Silimtao
05/02/2005 10:43 pm
Thing is MINT, new in box, as advertised, and feels alot like the Ibanez RG321 that I've been playing mostly. Intonation seems fine. It's a beautiful plum looking color; dunno why it's advertised as purple. What a buy for $285+$32 s/h! I think I'll be happy with this baby!

# 4

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.