So I bought a drum machine

Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
04/29/2005 8:14 pm
A Boss DR-670 Dr. Rhythm drum machine to be accurate. It hasn't arrived yet, bought it from musicians friend. Any thoughts?
The Gods Made Heavy Metal, And They Saw That It Was Good
They Said To Play It Louder Than Hell, We Promised That We Would

Hulk Smash!!

Whatever you do, don't eat limes. A friend of mine ate a lime once and BAM!! Two years later. Herpes.
# 1
ake
ake
04/29/2005 8:54 pm
CE,
Good for you!! I used to think that practicing with a metro or DM was dumb.
I was WRONG. It helps your rhythm mucho.
"When the power of love overcomes the love of power;we will know peace" J. Hendrix
# 2
bigbuda
Vote For Pedro
bigbuda
Vote For Pedro
10/14/2005 6:25 am
So how do you like your drum machine? I am thinking about getting one too. I get tired of using fruity loops and the presets on my GNX4 for beats and want something I can lay down some good beat ideas with fast.
I am a constant evolving music machine. Oh Man, I just forgot what I was playing. Oh well, on to the next song. :rolleyes:
# 3
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
10/14/2005 4:03 pm
It's pretty cool if you've got the time and motivation to work with it, but nothing beats a good drummmer. Mine's a moderate machine. It has good quality sound to it and plenty of capabilities, but I still don't know how to utilize it to its full potential.
The Gods Made Heavy Metal, And They Saw That It Was Good
They Said To Play It Louder Than Hell, We Promised That We Would

Hulk Smash!!

Whatever you do, don't eat limes. A friend of mine ate a lime once and BAM!! Two years later. Herpes.
# 4
bigbuda
Vote For Pedro
bigbuda
Vote For Pedro
10/14/2005 4:54 pm
Cool, I just bought a DR 880 from Musicians Friend. Should be here Mon. afternoon. I'll let you know what I think about it. I hope it's as good as they say. I got an empty spot on my mixer just waitin for it. :D

GAS!!!
I am a constant evolving music machine. Oh Man, I just forgot what I was playing. Oh well, on to the next song. :rolleyes:
# 5
Willdridge
Willdridge
10/14/2005 7:06 pm
What made you pick that paticular model? I've been toying with the idea of getting one myself, but I wouldn't really know what to look for. What were the most important factors for you guys when you bought yours?

Cheers,
Chris.
Don't worry too much about me, ignore me long enough and I'll go away.
# 6
bigbuda
Vote For Pedro
bigbuda
Vote For Pedro
10/19/2005 6:42 am
Originally Posted by: WilldridgeWhat made you pick that paticular model? I've been toying with the idea of getting one myself, but I wouldn't really know what to look for. What were the most important factors for you guys when you bought yours?

Cheers,
Chris.

There are only four or five drum machines on the market so the pickens are slim. I was torn between the DR 670 or the 880. The 670 is cheaper and quite nice, but I had the gas, i mean cash, so I sprung for the big guy. I got mine in da mail today and it sounds great. I'm running it into a mixer and out to a pair of KRK RP5 monitors. I have only messed with it for a short while today but I've already created my first pattern. The 880 seems to be pretty user friendly. I like the bass guitar and the way you can turn it down or up or off. I like the ez compose and the total sound control. The 880 seems to be pretty sweet...........more later........
# 7
Willdridge
Willdridge
10/19/2005 5:09 pm
Originally Posted by: bigbudaThere are only four or five drum machines on the market so the pickens are slim. I was torn between the DR 670 or the 880. The 670 is cheaper and quite nice, but I had the gas, i mean cash, so I sprung for the big guy. I got mine in da mail today and it sounds great. I'm running it into a mixer and out to a pair of KRK RP5 monitors. I have only messed with it for a short while today but I've already created my first pattern. The 880 seems to be pretty user friendly. I like the bass guitar and the way you can turn it down or up or off. I like the ez compose and the total sound control. The 880 seems to be pretty sweet...........more later........

thanks man - I'll definately have to take a look at those two. If you keep getting the gas...no, I won't finish that sentence... :rolleyes:

Keep us posted with your findings.
Don't worry too much about me, ignore me long enough and I'll go away.
# 8

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.